What are you having for breakfast?

Egg and beans in a tiger baguette. Eaten banjo style - messy but nice!

4E397ABE-B961-48D6-AE72-3EA608FA5129.jpeg

Sponsored Links
No brekkie today. Brunch instead. Grilled mushrooms and tomatoes, scrambled eggs and beans on wholemeal toast. Olive oil spread. That's as healthy as I dare go. :rolleyes:

A84D4A2A-9EC3-4FE8-A263-1F11004A124E.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Wednesdays, we always have a late/pm fry up or eat out noonish fry up but often inside and eat around lunchtime.

Today, 3 toasts, 2 boiled eggs about 9am-ishand two teas - Weetabix x 11 11ish

giving up sausages for a week or two.

I'm lucky but as i get older its harder ie eat like a pig and not really keep any serious excess weight

Thanks

Weetabix, oats, yoghurt, milled flax seeds, strawberries and honey.

EA9FB54B-1107-4FFB-B361-FDDA44232403.jpeg

Followed by a sausage sandwich........

2 bananas.
No photos.
Currently have that everyday, unless somebody puts toast on then I cave and have a slice.

If I'm having breakfast after my 1 hour plus dog walk, I have a banana or two on the way there to keep me going.

3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with very low vit D and very high blood pressure, and low liver function. Been eating very healthy since, and BP back to normal.
Bananas, beans, lentils, oily fish, no booze, and lots of farting and BP seems to have stabilised at just above 120/80. Maybe it was just the farting I needed.
Next blood test in 5 weeks - if liver is OK, then I am fixed. If not, then I probably buggered it with years of alcohol abuse. Either way, I probably won't be drinking much from now on. Buy shares in green tea.

3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with very low vit D and very high blood pressure, and low liver function. Been eating very healthy since, and BP back to normal.
Bananas, beans, lentils, oily fish, no booze, and lots of farting and BP seems to have stabilised at just above 120/80. Maybe it was just the farting I needed.
Next blood test in 5 weeks - if liver is OK, then I am fixed. If not, then I probably buggered it with years of alcohol abuse. Either way, I probably won't be drinking much from now on. Buy shares in green tea.
That's a coincidence - I was diagnosed with high bp on Saturday. Was always 'raised', around 140/85 but had recently gone up to around 180/95. Just been put on medication - have to take them for two weeks for things to settle and then measure twice a week for the following 4 weeks to see how things are going. I walk around an hour a day on at least 4 days a week. Packed up smoking about 20 years ago and I generally do eat healthy - rarely have ready meals, might have a bacon sarnie once a week or less and I may have to cut back on the booze but we rarely have more than two bottles a week between us with meals so I don't consider that excessive. Maybe I should!

That's a coincidence - I was diagnosed with high bp on Saturday. Was always 'raised', around 140/85 but had recently gone up to around 180/95. Just been put on medication - have to take them for two weeks for things to settle and then measure twice a week for the following 4 weeks to see how things are going. I walk around an hour a day on at least 4 days a week. Packed up smoking about 20 years ago and I generally do eat healthy - rarely have ready meals, might have a bacon sarnie once a week or less and I may have to cut back on the booze but we rarely have more than two bottles a week between us with meals so I don't consider that excessive. Maybe I should!

Ask for a blood test. Lots of people who have had covid (and some don't know they had it) are suffering similar issues with low vitamin D.

My diastolic BP was the worrying bit, was 144/101. I've been keeping a food, drink, exercise, supplements diary and alcohol sends BP up. Seems liver related. And had a bit of swollen liver as was painful to press it for a few days.

Ask for a blood test.
I had a couple of nose bleeds so measured my bp. It was high so I phoned the surgery. When I spoke to my GP, the first thing he did was to send me for a blood test and asked me to measure my bp for two weeks. I recorded them and dropped them up the surgery. He phoned me up and put me on pills but as he didn't mention anything about the blood test, I'm assuming that all was fine with the results.

Ask for a blood test. Lots of people who have had covid (and some don't know they had it) are suffering similar issues with low vitamin D.

First thing I did after testing positive was overdose on vitamin D cod liver oil capsules and get outside in the sunny weather we're having and get plenty of sun. Vit D is one of the best medicines for the Chinese Plague.

Best to chase it up. Mine was odd, as first doctor I spoke to only mentioned the low vit D, and I picked up the prescription. Then it was actually about 2 weeks later that my usual doctor told me that the liver function was low. No idea why the first one didn't, I can only assume it was overlooked. Luckily, almost everything that is good for lowering blood pressure is also good for improving liver function / putting less strain on the liver.

Sponsored Links
Back