What are you having for breakfast?

What like a foursome?

Or do you mean a triple bird roast?

Turkey, duck, pheasant.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What I find really good is my broken fridge is now at 2 degrees and keeps food very cold for longer than usual. This means I can make batches of soups, stews, curries etcetera and keep them readily accessible for snacks, lunches, dinners etc.... This lessens my workload at mealtimes.

Enough talk of dinners! This is a brekkie thread. :rolleyes:

Back on topic.

Egg and cheese McMottie.

CB0A156F-6FE9-49D1-9D53-97C4A4E15DAE.jpeg

Brunch just now. Fried bread, egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and asparagus.

E4CF13AD-8923-423D-B7D1-558B4717257E.jpeg

It wasn’t until I was almost finished that I remembered that I hadn’t added the beans that were still in the microwave so I had them for brunch dessert. I thought something was missing!

sourdough toast
Sourdough or 'sourfaux'?

After reading THIS, I might have a go at making my own. One of the trainers in a place that I go to quality control their assessments makes his own sourdough. He says you bake some, save some as the starter for the next mix and….chuck the rest as you always have some left over. I might ask him to give me a starter mix.

Scrambled eggs and grilled tomato on lightly toasted bread with a side of beans.

A12A4092-1943-431E-A723-90D2C993F6A1.jpeg

Fridge raid Friday - going shopping later.
Today I had a handful of blueberries, a cold sausage left over from last nights sausage and mash, two slices of jam on toast and I finished off the yoghurt that was left in the tub after adding a large spoonful of oats and a drizzle of honey. It filled a hole.

Just about to go out when the doorbell rings. A food package from my daughter! She brought some wine round on Father’s Day and wanted me to choose a DIY meal kit from one of the places she buys stuff from. I've had them before from her, they’re nice but they cost around £70 so I said no thanks, the wine is just fine. Anyway she's been pestering me to pick one, I wouldn’t so then she tried to go through Mrs Mottie who also told her no. Anyway, she’s just sent me this. Gotta actually roll my own dough out and everything! Oh well, that’s tomorrows breakfast/brunch sorted!

80EF0C9B-6F4A-4C5E-B98E-26D6AF1D52AA.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back