What are you having for breakfast?

Sponsored Links
I made the mistake of picking up a pack of 'lightly' smoked mackerel fillets yesterday. Bland.

1AEF0796-5DE9-4353-8FD6-BDE9385BA1C1.jpeg

These two words don't belong next door to each other.

Unless perhaps in the sentence,

"He did not take it lightly, smoked a cigarette and left."

I've had eggs these past two mornings:
two egg on toast yesterday at a cafe and two eggs in a seeded burger bun this morning.

Why a sesame bun?

I've been buying reduced bread at Aldi and Lidl these past two weeks. Got a good few packs of seeded rolls for a quarter of the usual price. They freeze well and are as fresh as a daisy once defrosted.

Sponsored Links
Just about to go out when the doorbell rings. A food package from my daughter! She brought some wine round on Father’s Day and wanted me to choose a DIY meal kit from one of the places she buys stuff from. I've had them before from her, they’re nice but they cost around £70 so I said no thanks, the wine is just fine. Anyway she's been pestering me to pick one, I wouldn’t so then she tried to go through Mrs Mottie who also told her no. Anyway, she’s just sent me this. Gotta actually roll my own dough out and everything! Oh well, that’s tomorrows breakfast/brunch sorted!
Well, that’s was hard work! I made them and they were very nice though. I added the optional egg to mine. We had a chai tea with it as well although that took over 20 minutes. Just look at the instructions! The kitchen looked like a bomb had gone off when I’d finished!

AE2FFD0A-0BBE-4824-B4BD-60F1F916666E.jpeg 9FC95787-447A-49B4-81F2-8014C8B85F1A.jpeg
F5DEDDAB-94C2-4B00-AEF2-8E7DEF67F3C6.jpeg

Today am going to have Norwegian chocolate for breakfast, just arrived from a Scandinavian online store :).
Was reminiscing about what I used to spend my pocket money on as a kid in Oslo. It's been 40 years since I've had this! The other sweets... well, bought for my other half because am totally childish.

Attachments

• norway.jpg
    norway.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 48
Still full from last night so took a lighter option this morning.
Poached eggs on a bed of smashed avocado on rye toast with cherry tomatoes on the vine and chilli flakes. Pretentious? Moi? :mrgreen:

B7111BEE-59D0-448C-81B3-8650D21FD15F.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back