What are you having for breakfast?

Sponsored Links
Went shopping to Lidl yesterday. They did not have peppers, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes plus numerous veg.

And there were two boxes left of battery hen eggs.

Even our local greengrocer has struggled, but there's a wholesaler in Stoke who is swimming in tomatoes. I reckon he has a deal with Mottie....

Sponsored Links
And there were two boxes left of battery hen eggs.

Overheard someone in pub on Sunday saying they were in Sainsburys (Bristol), and purple haired, soap-dodging Extinction Rebellion lot were in there preventing shoppers from buying eggs.

If I'd have been in there I would have been leaving with eggs. Even if I didn't need any. :evil:

EDIT>>>>> Just found this. Actually Animal rebellion, and no purple hair.

You'd think they'd put fresh veg out for each serving session. ;)
Sounds like a place to give a wide berth to.

As with most carverys, they serve lunch through to evening, bringing out freshly cooked at set times and kept warm under lights between. Always best to know when those times are, if like me, you like it fresh.

That looks colourful. What’s in it?

Carrot beetroot and not sure of the green stuff. Mrs Bods Sri Lankan friend sent it over this morning.

Last night did me a fantastic Sri Lankan chicken curry.

Don't tell Elle but we do have foreign friends.

For this mornings tomato based breakfast (did I tell you @Notch7 we have a glut of them) I had a couple of toasted tomato and mushroom bagels. These were them before the tops went on.

1C2D3F33-D03A-4A7F-AE79-19E3D50EEE1C.jpeg

Last edited:
With this mornings tomatoes (did I tell you @Notch7, there's a glut of them at the moment) I had some bacon medallions and mushrooms (from Ireland) in a sammich. Noice.

36E31643-E9D9-43B5-9BD9-E2AFC16E8801.jpeg

With this mornings tomatoes (did I tell you @Notch7, there's a glut of them at the moment)
Not at the alchie haunts apparently...

"PUB group Wetherspoon has pulled tomatoes from its popular fry-ups.

The 900-strong budget chain says it has culled the full English breakfast staple from its menu owing to supply issues."

Least they still do the flat mushroom.
But for how long?

"Norfolk mushroom growers said they are throwing away tonnes of their crop because they are struggling to recruit enough workers to pick them"

"They have echoed concerns from other parts of the horticultural sector over the loss of EU workers after Brexit"

Not at the alchie haunts apparently...

"PUB group Wetherspoon has pulled tomatoes from its popular fry-ups.

The 900-strong budget chain says it has culled the full English breakfast staple from its menu owing to supply issues."

I’ve never had a 'spoons breakfast. I'm more of a DIY breakfast type of person. About the only times I have my breakfast cooked by somebody else is if I’m staying in a hotel. Even when a load of us go away for the new year, I’m the brekkie chef.

Sponsored Links
Back