What are you having for breakfast?

A veggie breakfast today with asparagus picked from the plot of Mott.

IMG_4957.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Shop less at Lidl now, but most Aldi own brands are perfectly edible. So far, there is only one thing I prefer from Lidl over Aldi, and that is their Greek style yogurt, which is made by Muller.

Dunno what I’m having tomorrow but I’m not having this! I refuse to eat anything with 'wee' in the title. ;)

IMG_0861.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Smoked haddock poached in milk and poached eggs. The Haddock was Sainsburys own brand and was skin on which I prefer (despite saying online that it is skinless).

IMG_5052.jpeg

I just chuck it away but I will try a bit of mopping up when I have the same tomorrow. (y)

I think we used to reduce it a bit first and then just soaked it up from the pan. It was all smoky and salty and fishy. I've not had Finny haddock for years, though.

I think we used to reduce it a bit first and then just soaked it up from the pan. It was all smoky and salty and fishy. I've not had Finny haddock for years, though.
On the subject of using what’s left over in the pan, sometimes as a special treat when I’ve made a bacon sandwich and before cutting the sandwich in half, I pop the whole thing back in the pan and fry both sides of the sandwich in the bacon fat. Heaven, but feck knows how many calories are in it!

On the subject of using what’s left over in the pan, sometimes as a special treat when I’ve made a bacon sandwich and before cutting the sandwich in half, I pop the whole thing back in the pan and fry both sides of the sandwich in the bacon fat. Heaven, but feck knows how many calories are in it!

That sounds amazing. I love bacon dripping.

My family have always been big on mopping things up with bread. I don't know if it's a Yorkshire thing. Mum once got funny looks in a restaurant. She said "Don't worry, I only do this when I'm out"

Looks lovely! Do you do anything with the poaching milk? We used to just mop it up with buttered bread.
I just chuck it away but I will try a bit of mopping up when I have the same tomorrow. (y)
Well, I tried it this morning and it didn’t quite go to plan! I poached my haddock and then with the remaining poaching milk, I added a knob of butter and left it to reduce while I had my breakfast. Unfortunately I forgot about it and it reduced down to this:

IMG_5061.jpeg

In fact, when I saw it, it was one big massive bubble! I did a little mopping up with some freshly baked bread that I’d made but I think it was mainly butter left in the pan. I’ll give it another go next time I have poached haddock on the menu.

Sponsored Links
Back