What car did you pass your driving test in?

my eldest daughter was taught to "pass the test", not a very confident or good driver. The youngest didn't like that approach and went with an instructor who taught "how to drive" she is a very capable/safe driver.
So guess who gives dad a lift and is allowed to drive the scooby-doo.

Sponsored Links
My instructors dad, an ex-police driver,

My instructor was an ex-police driver then police instructor, and I had a blast learning with him. When the subject has come up in the past, it sounds like most instructors leave out a lot of the important stuff and focus on driving at <30mph and doing 3-point turns.

That is very true, i'm a traffic officer and the amount of basic things you do not learn on your lessons/test is frightening
My instructor was an ex Police Instructor and an ex Military Instructor. It was like sitting next to a bloody Sergeant Major! :eek: 'COME ON MAN! YOU COULD HAVE BEEN OUT THERE. WAIT FOR ONE YOU'LL WAIT FOR TWENTY ONE!' That was his favourite saying. Still haunts me today when I'm stuck at a junction... and I passed, ahhemmm 20ish years ago!
He was an old mate of my fathers. My dad was ex Special Forces (SAS) and this guy was ex Black Watch. I think all these Military lot stuck together after the war. I know one thing, he didn't take any shyte off ANYONE. They don't make em like they used to. :(

My instructors dad, an ex-police driver,

My instructor was an ex-police driver then police instructor, and I had a blast learning with him. When the subject has come up in the past, it sounds like most instructors leave out a lot of the important stuff and focus on driving at <30mph and doing 3-point turns.

Did he let you drive at 159 miles an hour to test the car? :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back