What car did you pass your driving test in?

car december 87 in my dads vw jetta 1st time
bike october 90 suzuki er125 1st time

Sponsored Links
Do I sound like a girl when I say "Err it was red?"

That said passed first time -much to my instructors surprise. (read horror!)

Did my bike test on a 500 BSA and side car- but failed as the instructor couldn't see my arm for the left turns.

Had to borrow a mates bike for the re-test (couldn't expect a BSA to make a 30 mile round trip twice ) so passed easily on a Suzuki GS 250

Same as this but in metalic yellow..View media item 5374

mazda 323.

passed first time, though it was snowing on my first attempt, so the morning tests were cancelled.

he passed me even though he had to use his dual brake, i said i had it covered and he said it was merely a precaution.

rattled me for a few min's though.

Sponsored Links
I passed in a Peugeot 206, first time, lovely little car. Still see my instructor as he lives near me. He doesnt like the fact that i'm now a better driver than him :LOL:

metallic blue vauxhall viva SL with black viynl roof. At the time it was new and suppossed to be the dogs, seem to remember it was like a tupperware container on wheels. Watching by Mr Hamiltons performance this morning, wonder if he has passed test. Subject for another thread no doubt.

metallic blue vauxhall viva SL with black viynl roof.
That would either have been Bluefire or more likely Riviera blue starfire.
I passed mine in an HB Viva.
Bike test on Yamaha 200E. That was many moons ago.
Btw, this topic gives a lot of peoples ages away. :D

I passed in a BSM Vauxhall Corsa in 2001, I thought I'd surely failed becasue it was raining slightly and I'd forgotten to put sidelights on!!! Also I kept stopping opposite the ends of roads. I even saw 4,000rpm come up on the rev counter as I was driving off after the emergency stop, I thought "I'd better not do that again"!!!! Lol

By the way, great forum

passed first time in the instructors maroon 1.2 nova. :D

ford fiesta mark 2. (i think or may have even been a mark 1!)

No idea, it was so long ago now, back in August 1977. Possibly a Fiesta. It was silver, that much I remember...!

Later on that year, due to the (first!) firemen's strike, got ordered to drive a Green Goddess, did two days' training in that, took an HGV3 test in a Bedford something or other and passed, aged 18. Then followed the best several weeks of fun and frolics of driving a real live Trumpton machine :LOL:.

1997 Ford Fiesta Zetec (1.25 16V engine, ooooh!). My parents reckoned it was cheating because it had power-steering... :eek: :LOL:

Now that all new cars have ABS, does that mean the emergency stop is really just a test of reaction time? :confused:

I also got 35/35 on my theory, but passed the practical second time... which according to the stats of the time made me less likely to have an accident than a first-timer :p

Did me CBT but never took my full bike licence.

got ordered to drive a Green Goddess,

I've heard they are a nightmare to drive for even the most experienced of truckers as the tanks are unbaffled... tonnes of water sloshing about on every corner and bump! Well done if you got by without rolling it :LOL:

You heard right. Absolutely no baffles in the tank, so you either had to empty or fill up after every fire. No power steering or servo brakes either, they were a nightmare to drive and kin hard work! Initially I was sent out after only 3 days' learning to drive the damn thing, on just a normal driving licence. Then one got rolled in Manchester and two squaddies were killed unfortunately, so the powers-that-be decided we all had to have a minimum of HGV3 to drive them thereafter. As a result, came off duty one morning, drove from Oxford back to Aldershot, went straight off and did my test, passed, drove straight back to Oxford and went on duty again that evening. Elfin Safety would probably put a stop to that kind of goings-on these days...

I never rolled one, but did smack a plod car up the jacksie (did some serious damage too!) when misjudging its size while attending a fire down some narrow street of terraced houses. Got a summons for careless driving for that, but was let off after the strike was finished, under a government diktat that gave an amnesty for most offences committed by squaddies driving the GGs, on the grounds that it had been a national emergency. Result!

Sponsored Links
Back