What has happened...

Sponsored Links
Maidenhead 54% remain, 46% leave

Election:
Tory 37,000 votes
Labour 11,000 votes

Chequers or similar I suppose is half in half out, so in theory should suit the constituency.

Maidenhead 54% remain, 46% leave
Yes, exactly.
According to brexiters logic that means the people (of Maidenhead) voted for remaining.

Election:
Tory 37,000 votes
Labour 11,000 votes
Not sure what you are meaning by that but - a lot of brexiters voted for a remain MP.

Chequers or similar I suppose is half in half out, so in theory should suit the constituency.
Logic fail.

Same applies to the whole country.

My thread is about an MP going against the wishes of the constituency and her previous beliefs of what was the best for the country.

My thread is about an MP going against the wishes of the constituency and her previous beliefs of what was the best for the country

Yes, I know the direction of the thread.

According to brexiters logic that means the people (of Maidenhead) voted for remaining.
Not really, Brexiteers and democracy logic would say an overall majority for leave, is a mandate for leaveit cant be divided by constituency.

Logic fail
Maybe not logical, but its political and is what is happening.

May can only do a half in half out option, its the only thing that has kept her in leadership.

Sponsored Links
Caligula's horse.

Or a turnip with a blue rosette.

42580253_1249565681852615_7203938329069355008_o.jpg

Not really,
Yes really.

That is the argument from brexiters: that a tiny majority for leave is now the will of the people.

Brexiteers and democracy logic would say an overall majority for leave, is a mandate for leaveit cant be divided by constituency.
Maybe not, but a constituency and an its MP that both wanted to remain presumably wouldn't change their minds unless something happened to cause it.

What has happened?

Maybe not logical, but its political and is what is happening.
May can only do a half in half out option, its the only thing that has kept her in leadership.
So, you think she hasn't really changed her mind, she is lying and just doing it to stay Prime Minister.

If she really does believe in brexit perhaps in the next election she will stand in somewhere like Sunderland - or

do you think she will stay in Maidenhead and rely on the stupidity of the people there to keep her jobs?

That is the argument from brexiters: that a tiny majority for leave is now the will of the people.

Over 17 million voted leave. Its their will to leave and it trumps remain.
Largest turn out ever.
That's what referendums are about. The majority wins.

If it was the other way around you wouldn't be bleating on here.
Loser.

Perhaps the fact that Northern Ireland voted to remain will make easier a solution to the problems of the border.

Bye.

Sponsored Links
Back