What have you stopped doing or buying due to rising costs?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Am considering a wood burner to reduce gas consumption but research tells me the particulates are bad.....

I am going to have to get economical with meat. I don't eat it, but the other 4 do. Went for an Aldi shop recently and it's normally 130. This time it was 199.

I have noticed prices going up and pack sizes reducing.

So changes to the menu afoot.
Less meat, cheaper cuts slow cooked, that kind of thing.

Also going to run through all payments we make and see if we can do without things or pick a cheaper option.

Going to turn the heating down to 17°.

Ask kids to shower less and for shorter times.

Ban use of the tumble dryer.

Drive fewer miles.

Turn lights off.

I'm sure there's stuff I haven't thought of....

Am considering a wood burner to reduce gas consumption but research tells me the particulates are bad.....

In CZ, unless you live in one of the Commie era Panelak flats with district heating (majority of population live in these, especially in towns, cities), houses will likely have some form of solid fuel heating - usually wood. Obviously using SF made the winter air quality pretty bad. Also where I was (Moravia) they are still exploiting their large coal reserves and using large amounts in power stations. Quite often I would be waiting for a train when huge coal trains would rumble past my platform en route to the power station.

So I don't really understand our obsession with martyring ourselves to be greener than green when other European countries use large volumes of fossil fuels. Unless there are vested interests and large amounts of money to be made by a few.

Sold the Diesel car last year - bought a petrol one in it's place...

Now walking 2 to 4 miles a day instead of driving to the toyshop. It's just the speed freaks that concerns me about the speed they drive on route I have to take.

Sponsored Links
Back