What have you stopped doing or buying due to rising costs?

What happened to the idea of getting people into work and off benefits?
Suddenly everybody wants people to get paid benefits instead of a salary.
No, what I'm saying is that while people are claiming benefits, they can work part time in exchange for that benefit and part time looking for work.

Sponsored Links
Have you seen the cost of seasoned wood? And the buy in price is horrendous.
HETAS guys are even dearer than GAS SAFE, and they have never even necessarily done an apprenticeship
Got a stack of my own wood, seasoning in a wood store.

Zoo is closing soon. Weston Super Mud is just pier, donkeys and kiss-me-quick. Bristol is quite a nice city, if you like cities. Being invaded by the white flight from London pumping big money into houses. Traffic and parking getting stoopid, and our diverse mayor uuank Marvin Rees is imposing a ulezzer zone on us to pick our pockets even more. I'm bailing soon. Fact!
As I said, it was a while ago. Where are you off to?

If you visit the suspension bridge in Bristol, the nearby observatory is worth a visit as well. Camera obscura and a tunnel down to a veranda on the cliff face which gives incredible views over the gorge.

Sponsored Links
As I said, it was a while ago. Where are you off to?

Spend time each year in Czech Republic, but the winters there are getting more difficult. Started looking seriously at Portugal, but other half favours France. :rolleyes:

Don't think the weather is much better in France than here, unless you live on The Riviera. Was bloody freezing in France when I was there end of December.

Back