Where did you meet your significant other?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
JohnD said:
I met one of mine because she was s****g my girlfiend's husband.
I had to draw a diagram to understand that. :LOL:
I think we need to see that and check that you've got it right. :D

kevplumb said:
yer bunch of gits are ruining my love life :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

she don't know what an essex girl is :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Essex is a county to the East of London. London is one of the world's largest cities. Essex is still partly rural, and has for centuries provided dairy and other farm produce to the city. It is within easy reach of the densely populated and formerly poor districts of London's East End which was formerly a centre of commerce and light industry, so the inhabitants were able to travel out by Shillibeer's Omnibus to the country on Sundays after church for recreation, or on bicycle outings, and especially on public holidays. The Corporation of the City of London bought Epping Forest (which is quite big) for the recreation and pleasure of Londoners. The London railways spread into the county as far as Epping and Ongar making it possible for people to work in the City Centre and live in the country.

Many of the inhabitants of East London, when they could afford it, moved out into the county and were relatively sophisticated compared to the bucolic residents of other counties. Some of them were quite prosperous and bought or built ostentatious homes. They tended to take their speech patterns and lifestyles with them, and this is very recognisable in Essex people today.

Essex girls are noted for being glamorous, affectionate and passionate. Many of them are charming and friendly and considered very attractive.

More information is to be found on http://www.guardian.co.uk/women/story/0,3604,446451,00.html

JohnD said:
Essex girls are noted for being glamorous, affectionate and passionate. Many of them are charming and friendly and considered very attractive.

"Auld Ayr whar neer a toon surpasses, for honest men and bonnie lasses"

I think that in Tam o' Shanter, Burns had a tongue in cheek too JohnD.

I never knew there were so many Geordie lasses in Essex.

You forgot the bit about about being slow & their fondness for white shoes & matching 'bags, which they boogie around...

Sponsored Links
Back