who does not speed

Sponsored Links
some of us are adrenalin junkies joe!

i know i am.some people like to exploit the difference between merely steering a car or bike round corners and want to use them to actually drive/ride them.as long as we only risk hurting ourselves,whats the problem,dont speed in built up areas though.

step out of your comfort zone once in a while,do something that could kill you,(doesnt have to be driving)you never know you may start to feel alive.

So when you and AtoZ meet each other head on at whatever speed you are doing thats OK is it. Live fast die young is that your motto.

I know someone who caused a death by driving too fast and there is not a day that goes past without him reliving that experience and saying if only....He is a changed person and not for the better unfortunately, it cost him his marriage, his job, and his self esteem.

I speed in my car/van but I would guess about 10% above the limit, I get to my destination when I get there, if I am running late then I phone and let peeps know, better than causing an accident.

I know quite a few guys who run motorcycles and they all tell me on a regular basis that their driving skills/reactions are more finley honed than us lesser mortals :rolleyes: (Of course)

So you've never seen a motor bike come to grief because he was overtaking cars at 100mph when the cars on the road thought he was doing about 80mph and simply pulled across in front of him? Isn't it true that the helmet protects the head which then detaches from the body and rolls down the motorway?

Oh and why do you need a car that does twice the maximum speed limit?
You must have a heck of an ego problem.

reread it
i have two 130mph cars but it is hard to buy a nice car that will not do summat like that speed.

i was questioning the need for such powerful cars in my 150mph remark.
i made a statement and did not ask a question because it takes away from the thread.

the motorbike.
ive never seen it but i have nearly been there, so to speak.

helmets come off joe, ive never seen or heard of anyone losing their head unless it was cut at the neck but i suppose it could happen.
i found a head in an underpass under the m40 when i was told to search but that was from a woman who came out from a mercedes car. the other woman passenger had flown six lanes and was in someones front garden.
it happens.
ive seen motor cyclists go in the ambos with their hands tied behind their back and their head facing the wrong way round.
ive seen em impailed on the back of scaffolding lorries.

joe, ive seen more than people should ever see.

imho motor cyclists die more often due to other road users not paying attention than anything the biker has done.

i cannot explain why i go fast on the bike because even if i actually try to go slow i find myself going fast a little while later.

speed does not kill, lack of attention and allowance kills.

ive been down twice in thirty years, ive never crashed a car and i never bumped my fire brigade machine in one of londons busiest stations. that is unheard of, believe me!

ps
i dont speed to p88s people off.
we all do it, we all do something else if we say we dont speed.

hard not to have an ego when yer as andsome as me ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
daytona
we'd meet and have a beer :LOL: :LOL:

this is from the woman who thinks driving her kids on the m25 has no dangers..

just 10% over the law...... always a little less than the person she wants to criticize ...

i should not have written woman because i dont really know, it just the tarty points scoring that has led me to believe it..

happy enough to be wrong but dead embarrassed for bilou if i am
;)

bilou

whats it like being a 'lesser' mortal..
its hard to know how that feels when im a superman..:cool:

hoo hoo.

daytona
we'd meet and have a beer :LOL: :LOL:

this is from the woman who thinks driving her kids on the m25 has no dangers..

just 10% over the law...... always a little less than the person she wants to criticize ...

i should not have written woman because i dont really know, it just the tarty points scoring that has led me to believe it..

happy enough to be wrong but dead embarrassed for bilou if i am
;)

You really hate me don't you :LOL: :LOL:

;) For further details on this subject, talk to my wife - she's just picked up her third ticket.
I have yet to get nabbed (don't ask me how), so the laughs on her !!!!

;) For further details on this subject, talk to my wife - she's just picked up her third ticket.
I have yet to get nabbed (don't ask me how), so the laughs on her !!!!

Hmm mine happened 1 week after the wife went through a fixed gatso, and ive got to admit i wasnt sympathetic :oops:

Hi

I would like to advise a new tact on this discussion.

I do drive fast on occasions. I have alse driven HGV's through work all the way to Turkey. Ive spent 8 weeks away at a time and seen how the europeans drive. Not fast! Dangerous yes! We have latvians in this country....mostly fuelled by rum and the worst gerkhins you ever wish to smell, who are literally dead at the wheel.

Dave

I got zapped doing 38 in a 30mph zone near Oxford about 3 months ago. That police authority offer a 'speed awareness' course in lieu of £60 fine and 3 points. I attended the three hour course lastweek and I have to say it was a most enlightening experience.
It was not at all authoritarian but rather came from the angle of raising awareness of what damage is done at different speeds. There is for instance a hell of a difference between the damage done to a human at 30 or 35mph of which I was not conciously aware.
My reccommendation is that these courses should be made available to all and not be subject to post code lottery. I can honestly say it has focused my mind where a straight fine and points punishment has not.

Sponsored Links
Back