who does not speed

It wouldn't focus my mind but I'd be glad to attend and not get the fine and points.

Great scheme ... Bring it on.

MW

Sponsored Links
Maybe some speed because they've been delayed in traffic and then feel they have to catch up when they get past the bottlenecks? If the case then perhaps the traffic controllers must take some blame for causing traffic holdups with their traffic light systems.

I personally find it stupid that at 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning on the route to work that the lights are red against the main road flow predominantly when there is no traffic coming onto the main road?? they always turn red against oncoming traffic regardless of whether there are no cars waiting to join and you have to sit there waiting for no reason.

Its almost like the sensors have been cross wired, if no waiting traffic then approaching traffic should get priority.

Sponsored Links
It wouldn't focus my mind but I'd be glad to attend and not get the fine and points.

Great scheme ... Bring it on.

MW
Your just the kind of guy the course is aimed at...arrogant, dismissive with your focus on the 'Me Me Me'.........my guess is you would benefit from the experience as would many others

Your just the kind of guy the course is aimed at...arrogant, dismissive with your focus on the 'Me Me Me'.........my guess is you would benefit from the experience as would many others
Absolutely, go on the course don't get any points and driving's back to normal ... Bring it on.

You need to understand that travel is a necessary part of our lives and, until it isn't, lowering speed limits with increased traffic volumes isn't the answer ... Neither is public transport, bus lanes, multiple occupancy lanes or any other kind of f***ing lane ... Not in all areas and circumstances.

More should be done to accept traffic for what it is and make it work and, if they did it this way, more people would be prepared to accept restrictions.

Until they do, I will continue to drive as I please and the more ways I can do so and not get points the better AFAIC.

No!! Your wrong on that one as well Old Cock....it's the speed that's the killer
Not in many cases, its often stupidity which is the killer. Why should I have to drive slower just so that I don't kill the clown on a bike who pulls out in front of me (only damage them for life)?

Simply reducing speed limits is not the answer.

MW

With an ever burgeoning population and a government that refuses to grow the country's infrastructure in line with it - you'd just better get used to it. Speeding, however is a mugs game, you just never save the time you think you are saving.

Absolutely, go on the course don't get any points and driving's back to normal ... Bring it on.

You need to understand that travel is a necessary part of our lives and, until it isn't, lowering speed limits with increased traffic volumes isn't the answer ... Neither is public transport, bus lanes, multiple occupancy lanes or any other kind of f***ing lane ... Not in all areas and circumstances.

More should be done to accept traffic for what it is and make it work and, if they did it this way, more people would be prepared to accept restrictions.

Until they do, I will continue to drive as I please and the more ways I can do so and not get points the better AFAIC.

No!! Your wrong on that one as well Old Cock....it's the speed that's the killer
Not in many cases, its often stupidity which is the killer. Why should I have to drive slower just so that I don't kill the clown on a bike who pulls out in front of me (only damage them for life)?

Simply reducing speed limits is not the answer.

MW

they should introduce a tilers lane :LOL:

You just never save the time you think you are saving.
Who said anything about saving time?

I break speed limits because I get bored driving within them and, I reckon if most people are honest about it, you'd be surprised at how many feel the same. ;)

MW

You just never save the time you think you are saving.
Who said anything about saving time?

I break speed limits because I get bored driving within them and, I reckon if most people are honest about it, you'd be surprised at how many feel the same. ;)

MW

Err..............I just wonder how many of our civilised societies other rules and disiplines you get 'bored' with and ignore!! Do yourself a favour, read again Joe's last comments.....they make good sense

Are you a white van man by any chance ?.

I'm a white van man with all the time in the World, I wish I had a pound for every time I'm tailgated for simply sticking to the limit. Country lanes with a national speed limit are the worst as I'm limited to 50 MPH where as cars can do 60 MPH. I always wonder if the driver behind thinks that I'll go faster if they tail gate or half pull out into the other lane as if to say " Look at me!"

You can normally see them coming in your mirror a mile off as they feel the need to have their front fogs lights on whatever the weather!

To be honest I think the motorcyclist was a dangerous driver the way he weaved along on both sides of the road instead of waiting for the car and then the van to manouver out, then has the gall to goad the van driver with hand signals when he was clearly in the wrong.

To be honest I think the motorcyclist was a dangerous driver the way he weaved along on both sides of the road instead of waiting for the car and then the van to manouver out, then has the gall to goad the van driver with hand signals when he was clearly in the wrong.

Are you serious ?.
Don't you ever think "BIKE" when you pull out ?.
The van driver also used no indicator.
Just another example of the ignoramuses who are allowed to use the public highway.
As for hand signals the only ones I seen were from the van driver.

Sponsored Links
Back