who does not speed

it seems this thread has become the usual slanging match, i do speed i use motorways everyday and can be seen travelling in excess off everyone else, yes i do get there faster and yes i dont give a crap about anyone else, if i get caught thats my lookout, otherwise as its on a motorway who cares?

yes it is boring and clowns by the side of the road would be ideal!

Sponsored Links
Well done for your honesty.

You and I are by far in the MAJORITY on the roads ... Just take a look around next time you're driving down the motorway doubters, more people break the speed limits than stick to them.

Try investigating the reasons why rather than criticising per-se.

MW

AtoZ Wrote:
I absolutely despise what mega has said here, his attitude is disgusting and i will applaud when someone drags him from his car and gives him a severe beating. (only a matter of time methinks)
his attitude comes from his protection inside the comfy womb of a car.
Hmmmnnnn ... So you think anyone who drives a car over the speed limit should be dragged out of their car and beaten ... And you think I've got a problem :rolleyes:

Why do you think me driving at 90 mph on a clear day down a clear motorway would make people so angry that they would want to drag me from the car and attempt to beat me up?

Perhaps you should take a look at your own values and work out why this causes you such a problem ... I've included a link below which may help you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditions/mental_health/coping_angermanagement1.shtml

And, no I'm not writing this for effect I just happen to believe that there are far more worthwhile causes to channel your energy into than the odd motorist breaking the speed limit. ;)

Oh ... And I drive a 2.4 Honda Accord ... Not a van (of any colour).

MW

i never said that anyone speeding should get smacked but someone who will write this with apparent pride deserves an attitude adjustment.

Not in many cases, its often stupidity which is the killer. Why should I have to drive slower just so that I don't kill the clown on a bike who pulls out in front of me (only damage them for life)?

you wrote this mega and then have the nerve to post a link to condemn me.
so its ok to end the life of a motorcyclist or maybe just damage them for life because you're bored.
although i wont be using your pathetic link i do appreciate your concern ;)

i wonder,in the scheme of things, which would be worse.
giving someone a beating for hurting or killing someone and for, most importantly, dismissing it simply because 'one was bored with speed limits'.
or killing someone because you are so self important that you think the rules are for someone else.

i know what i think, anybody reading will make up their own minds without your 'links' to websites to deflect from your own faults.

your assertion that we need to accept traffic, and that slowing down as traffic increases, does not ring true in either case.
the m25 proved beyond doubt that if you make a new road it gets filled and houses and businesses get built close by because of the road access.

the m25 also proved that by slowing traffic (variable speed limits) that more cars pass per hour and that we actually get to journeys end just as quickly and with a lot less frustration.

it always makes me laugh when people defend the indefensible.
you disregard any rule that suits you but would crucify anybody who breaks and rule that you deem right..

ps
2.4 honda aint quick enough to run from even a medium bike ;)

it seems this thread has become the usual slanging match, i do speed i use motorways everyday and can be seen travelling in excess off everyone else, yes i do get there faster and yes i dont give a rubbish about anyone else, if i get caught thats my lookout, otherwise as its on a motorway who cares?

yes it is boring and clowns by the side of the road would be ideal!

whos slanging?

everybody speeds, everybody!
it where you do it and how much respect you give others.

the fact that you dont give a rubbish about anyone else defines you.

clowns at the side of the road, is that when you and mega crash ;)

Sponsored Links
It always makes me laugh when people defend the indefensible.
Well at least I'm keeping you smiling.

For the record I'm not defending anything I've just stated a fact ... I break the speed limits on a regular basis and I'm comfortable doing so.

You seem to have the problem with this not me.

MW

Well done for your honesty.

You and I are by far in the MAJORITY on the roads ... Just take a look around next time you're driving down the motorway doubters, more people break the speed limits than stick to them.

Try investigating the reasons why rather than criticising per-se.

MW

now you want to narrow it down to motorways..
i had already said that you had been honest in some ways but you need to narrow the argument to be able to defend your position!

people who speed; speed on every type of road.
you do!

you're a sad man. i see children try and scrabble out of trouble by similar means..

you carry on in your honda bubble but one day when you wake up in hospital, you will think that you've spoken to mystic meg!
its coming to you for sure.
have a good day :) :)

It always makes me laugh when people defend the indefensible.
Well at least I'm keeping you smiling.

For the record I'm not defending anything I've just stated a fact ... I break the speed limits on a regular basis and I'm comfortable doing so.

You seem to have the problem with this not me.

MW

i hate this when posts get out of synch because i didnt mean to comment to you anymore because it will be a waste of time.

re-read your posts.
if you are happy with what you wrote then there is something wrong with you.
if you had an ounce of class you will know that you went too far.
clarkson is a prick and someone who speaks clarkson-esque, for effect, is more than a little sad.
anyway, i will leave it with you.

People who speed; speed on every type of road ... you do!
Correct ... Very astute you are today.

You're a sad man
I see you're struggling to cope with anyone different from yourself again.

You carry on in your honda bubble
Happy to do so, until I buy something more powerful.

But one day when you wake up in hospital, you will think that you've spoken to mystic meg!
By no means guaranteed that I will, I haven't done so to date but, if I do, the first person I shall think about will be you.

Its coming to you for sure.
Errrrrmmmm ... Statistically not true, fortunately for the many tens of thousand speeders up and down the country.

Have a good day
Thank you, I will.

MW

like i thought..
low class :(

you hope to upset me but that wont happen. i sit here smug watching you squirm.

i hope you do buy something more powerful, it might compensate for whats lacking in your life.. :oops:

hoo hoo.

it comes to something when you have to dissect and reconstruct an internet forum posting..
:oops:

like i thought ... low class
I always thought my posts were middle class until you came along, now I realise they're upper class.

You hope to upset me but that wont happen. i sit here smug watching you squirm.
If you're not getting upset why are you bothering to reply, it's not like it makes a difference to me?

I hope you do buy something more powerful, it might compensate for whats lacking in your life..
What, like a decent challenge on this forum you mean rather than your inate drivel.

There's no need to cry.

It comes to something when you have to dissect and reconstruct an internet forum posting.
Why are you bothering to try then?

It seems to me that you'd be better suited to helping young children and little old ladies cross the road safely than trying to get speeding motorists slow down ... Watch out though, its a racetrack out there.

MW

a to z you are it seems just looking to be awkwad here, i do on average i would say over 300 miles a week on motorways, i speed yes but not in a reckless way, my CLEAN license is at risk there but no where else, do not try to condemn people to death you sick F*** i wish that on no one.

There are only two reasons for speeding in a car:

1. The impression that you'll get there quicker.
2. The sensation of going fast.

Personally, I never speed in a car, because there's no point and it gives you less time to react to what's happening.

However, on a motorcycle, on a motorway, I always speed. Marginally. This is because going faster than all the cars removes all danger from the cars coming from behind, leaving more thinking power for what's going on in front and to the side. It's a way of keeping away from the people who are the most trouble, i.e. speeding car drivers.

I also speed, occasionally, but again only on a bike, for the second of the two reasons above. I'm not made of wood, and if the road conditions feel right to me, and I know there to be no cameras, I admit that I sometimes tank it. Of course it's fun, but I don't pretend that there's no risk to me and to other people.

When younger, I used to think that I could shorten a journey time by going fast. It's a myth, and I don't mind admitting that it took me about 20 years to fully realise it. I was a fool.

Near to where I live there's a two mile section of dual-carriageway that funnels into a two-way road with a 40mph limit. I can guarantee that every single time I use this road, a couple of Mercs, or BMWs, or WhiteVanMen, or taxis, will hammer past at anywhere between 90 and 120, overtaking me and 3 or 4 other cars, then pull in at the last minute causing the car they just overtook to brake.

These people think that they've gained about half a mile at 120mph, equating to about 1 minute. They haven't - they've simply overtaken 4 cars that, at the next roundabout, will be separated by about 2 seconds each. So they've p*ssed off everyone and gained 8 seconds. W*nkers.

About 50% of the time these people, in their great haste, anticipate the roundabout badly and choose the wrong gear, wrong approach speed, and wrong lane, enabling me to glide by with no breaking or sawing of the stupidly expensive German steering wheel that they're so smug about. Deep joy.

If you want arrive at your destination earlier, then leave home earlier.

If life wasnt so hurley burley ( that's Liz and Kay ;) )and the pressures such as getting to work on time were withdrawn then i wonder if people would still speed?

just a question hre but how on earth (it has been mentioned twice) do people think that if you go faster, especially on motorways do you not get there any quicker????

and softus, you ont speed in a car yet you do on a bike, hypocrite springs to mind, you either speed or you dont, it matters not what vehicle your doing it in.

Sponsored Links
Back