Who was a famous name when you were growing up that young people today wouldn't have heard of?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Then there were all them wrestlers who were house hold names and on tv on a Saturday use to get massive audiences (?)

Kendo Nagasaki
Giant haystacks
Big daddy
Mick McManus
Didn't watch that rubbish, did you?

Steve Vidor
Johnny Logan of the forearm smash ( something I copied and used; played rugger, you know)
Johnny Kwango of the headbutt, playing up to his ethnicity
Big Bruno Elrington
Pat Roach
Wayne Bridges
Catweazle
Tibor Szakacs ( or something) chop to the throat
There was a very gentle well behaved fellah with curly hair and cauliflower ears. Greek?
and a dirty tag team with golden pants and flowing blonde tresses. Names like Damian
And a Scot with a very scot name, who tied people up his "power press" or something similar.

Nah, never watched it.
Well my dad did ...

Yeah! Around the back of my memory bank is that there was always a 'dirty tag team' comprising of arch baddy Johnny Logan and.........? one other baddy..? (help me out, someone)
Thanks Gant! Yeah, both!

Last edited:
Sort of related

Medical checks at infant / junior school :ROFLMAO:

We were all given notice the day before about a head lice check so you went home and told yer mum what was going to happen

She would go through yer hair and if you had lice you never went to school the next day

I always survived the inspection but some children were always absent due to a cold or some other ailment that coincidentally occurred over night :)

Sponsored Links
Back