Would You Buy A Brand New Car Or Consider A Used Car???????

I remember years back I bought a brand new Seat Leon FR mk1 in met grey, nothing special but did look nice when new.

It was parked on the street and one day I looked out my living room window. There, beside my car, were what I assumed to be a family, perhaps Pakistani. I think they were visiting/staying with a neighbour of mine. They were taking it in turns to stand beside my car whilst their photo was taken. I wouldn't have minded so much but when it came to the dad, he leaned his back on the car, arms folded, face beaming.

I can only assume back in their home town my relatively humble Seat Leon would have been quite the talking point :)

How did you know the person was "Pakistani"?

Sponsored Links
How did you know the person was "Pakistani"?
Oh for goodness sake, are you going to pick me up on the low level, innocent assumption I made and start preaching at me about why I was wrong to do so? I'm SIMPLY saying they looked as though they MIGHT have been Pakistani. Wait, I'll jump in my time machine, go back to that moment and run out to ask them to confirm their nationality. Give me a sec ...

... that's me back. Sorry, I mis-timed turning the 'back in time' dial. They'd gone.

I don't need the "ignore" just willpower. :) :)

As you full well know I don't post pics in the General forums unlike some that will post them having a fa rt.

The bottom line friend, people like you make me even more eager to leave you in anticipation of you
and your other names to be salivating at our cars that we have worked hard for and enjoy.
Work hard, spend wisely and have taste and you may eventually get there.

Of all the forums I've posted I've never seen so much envy.

Many thanks :) :)

ps - If/when we get, pick up a brand new Bentley, I may ask the dealership to post a pic here as I know the clique will not be happy for me but that is not my problem.
Feck me, you swerved that like some people who swerve......nope. Mustn't say. :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Tell you what Hummy you don't have to disclose your identity - obviously you only have a virtual existence - so print this label and put it inside the windscreen:

upload_2022-4-4_14-10-54.png

Oh for goodness sake, are you going to pick me up on the low level, innocent assumption I made and start preaching at me about why I was wrong to do so? I'm SIMPLY saying they looked as though they MIGHT have been Pakistani. Wait, I'll jump in my time machine, go back to that moment and run out to ask them to confirm their nationality. Give me a sec ...

... that's me back. Sorry, I mis-timed turning the 'back in time' dial. They'd gone.

What was the need to describe the person's ethnic origin that you assume???
Why not just say a bunch of guy/guy/people were taking pics in front of a car??

Why try and describe someone's colour when it has no relevance?

Perhaps you admit that you should have left out your unnecessary guesswork!!

FYI, if you stood in front of one of my cars and took pics and I was telling someone - I just say people like my car and people often take pics standing by it, fact!!

Many thanks

Why not just say a bunch of guy/guy/people were taking pics in front of a car??

Why try and describe someone's colour when it has no relevance?

Perhaps you admit that you should have left out your unnecessary guesswork!!

FYI, if you stood in front of one of my cars and took pics and I was telling someone - I just say people like my car and people often take pics standing by it, fact!!

Many thanks
Last reply from me to you on this.

It's relevant because there is correlation between where those people probably came from and the fact they evidently thought my (distinctly average) new car was worth having their pic taken beside.

Do you intentionally come on here to annoy folk?

I'm admitting nothing because my post was in no way meant as being derogatory etc to those involved.

I was looking at the Infinity brand big in the USA for years, has come to UK - looks like good VFM and will give BMW/Adui/MB a run for their money I guess in the middle car range ie 5 series, e -class etc. They also have what they call a suv but more of a cross-over.
As they are only dressed-up Nissan's, I'm afraid Infinity may not meet your brand expectations! ;)

Hi mate, how's it going?
Yeah not bad, except when I was parking up outside yours, one of your neighbours almost hit my car with theirs.
Oh right, I wonder who that was.
He looked as though he's maybe Chinese.
Maybe Chinese ... MAYBE CHINESE?!? How DARE you make any nationality assumptions about my neighbours! Get the feck out my house, our life long friendship is OVER!!!

Is that the Italian guy that owns the pizza place on the High Street?
Do you know 100% for sure that he's Italian?
Emmm, no, however he looks Italian.
How DARE you make that assumption!!! Go to the pizza place NOW, ask him to confirm his nationality, then if and only if he confirms he's Italian can you make that statement, GOT IT?!?

I think the point was, they were not from here, so it was unusual to see such a car.
If they were Americans, and described as Americans, would you have a problem with that too?

Sponsored Links
Back