Anyone with Covid?

Sponsored Links
Yet Jackson doesn’t dispute that vaccines, including Pfizer’s, have been life-savingL

Life saving is only part of it but that fact is too obscure for some. May as well use the gov slogan - Save the NHS. It does that too but the critical care in hospital bar chart shows clearly that unvaccinated need more care but fact is the vaccinations prevent a lot from getting there in the first place.

The there are these f'ing idiots about who go around spouting about how injections in the upper arm have been given for donkey's years and think they should be given in the same way as ones in the backside are.

Sad thing is that the lowest % vaccinated is in the none white population - miss information and suspicion is the reason for that, Some groups wised up but still lower than average.

Sponsored Links
So its over a week since I snotted positive and I'm still showing double lines. I understand that I'm in theory not very infectious now, but may show double lines for up to another 2 weeks.

I'm going about my normal business but staying away from old people - which is nice. Happily working from home.

So its over a week since I snotted positive and I'm still showing double lines.
I'll be testing myself today. Feel better but something of a runny nose, bit of a cough at times etc. I suspect I will still test positive - more or less 2 weeks. I did a bit of web reading. It seems lateral flow tests detect active virus. Positives 99.7% certain. Initial criticism of them was sensitivity.

Then comes the question of how long some one can infect others. There is no gold standard for that. It's a pretty woolly subject and not at all easy to investigate. It seems there has been an increase in negative PCR and positive LFT results. Early on during the briefs there was some talk about length of time PCR showed positive and measuring dead virus was mentioned. There has also been cases of negative PCR and definite infections - serious ones picked up by scanners and x rays.

Somehow I suspect there is a smoking gun in this area but what could the gov do? Personally I will wear a mask when out and about while I show positive. It could be that these more infective virus are just able to infect others for longer. Make it milder as well and that aspect gets worse.Jabs make it milder.

The recent increases. A virologist popped up who has been pretty straight in the past. Maybe the virus change or reinfection. A viral change can make that more likely but it's been happening anyway.

The gov now - live with covid. It would be expensive for them to do anything else.

Somehow I suspect there is a smoking gun in this area but what could the gov do? Personally I will wear a mask when out and about while I show positive. It could be that these more infective virus are just able to infect others for longer. Make it milder as well and that aspect gets worse.Jabs make it milder.

I had my #4 yesterday, she said it had been slightly revised again. My arm was slightly sore yesterday evening, but I didn't immediately realise it was due to the jab. Last time the ache in my arm had woken me a few times in the night, this time nothing - I slept straight through. Maybe because, for no particular reason I had got up at 3:30am on the morning before, restless and decided to stay up.

Typically the bigger mutations are created by people unable to fight the virus, so the virus gets time to mutate

Why aren't we hearing of new variants? Remember a time when hardly a month went by without claims of a new flavour of Covid. Now nothing for ages.

Because there are plenty of other more news worthy stories for them to concentrate on - Ukraine, cost of living, strikes, BoJo's antics.

Why aren't we hearing of new variants? Remember a time when hardly a month went by without claims of a new flavour of Covid. Now nothing for ages.
I heard but not seen as newsworthy at the moment by some sources. Seems there are now 2 subtypes of Omicron. It came up as the NOS survey had been showing reducing infection levels and once more they have started going up as are hospital cases.

I don't think there is enough data coming in now to tell how spread they are around the country but generally one wins eventually.

Because there are plenty of other more news worthy stories for them to concentrate on - Ukraine, cost of living, strikes, BoJo's antics.
BBC managed to get it in along with a sensible commentator about it. She said what she did but it's early days in terms of what it means in practice. She is part of the Scotland covid study team. Good choice really as she is always straightforward.

You need to ask the news channels. But there is certainly lots of medical news about the new variants, as well as more mainstream news.

Covid-19: Omicron sub variants driving new wave of infections in UK
BMJ 2022; 377 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.o1506 (Published 20 June 2022)

Two new Covid sub-variants (BA.4 and BA.5 strains) are sparking global concern - what you need to know

Sponsored Links
Back