Are the bin men angry because of the snow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really couldn't believe what I saw when I came home from work :eek:

bin001.jpg

bin002.jpg
[/quote]

Sponsored Links
binmen haven't been round for 3 weeks now (usually fortnightly), all the streets bins overflowing. Guess they won't be emptied either?

Remind me why we pay council tax for their cast iron pensions, generous (and abused) sick pay, generous holiday etc etc etc.

Do you not use the green bins for garden waste in Walsall like we have to.?
I've not seen any of those notices on our bins yet :(

Be thankful they put in an appearance in order to slap the label on.

Here, we haven't seen any rubbish collectors for two weeks and, as it's forecast to snow tonight, they probably won't show up again tomorrow. Yet the roads here have been passable throughout all that time.

Rubbish collection is just about the only service that we see councils providing, in return for the vast amounts of money they demand from us. Yet they continue to be difficult about actually taking the rubbish away, and continue to employ armies of people in non-jobs, such as diversity awareness co-ordinators.

Sponsored Links
Have to say out binmen are really good, on the odd occasion i've forgotten to take the bin out onto the road, and they have actually come in and got it for me.

They were one day late because of the snow but thats all.

Looks like the work of Pedanticvindictiveman. Get even by complaining that he stuck the label over a useful information sticker, but don't leave your bin lid ajar again sir.

They just didn't empty ours when the lid was up, no sticker for me.

Binmen in our locality don't give a monkeys, I've seen them hurling the little recycling boxs over their heads into people front gardens many a time.

in the back of the van, wait till midnight, drive to a street near the town hall, take the wheelie bin for a walk to the front door of the council and whoops trip over with it. Run back to van, drive home, feel very happy with ones self. where balaclava to avoid cctv! :LOL:

my uncle gave me a hand with a bit of gardening, swept the driveway for me, but he put all the stones in the organic waste bin. the thing weighed a tonne. i wheeled it out and i saw they wernt taking it so i ran out and explained the situation he said, 'cant take it, thats all going to make compost anything else will contaminate it.' so i took a fiver out of my pocket and asked him was he sure he couldnt take it. he says 'awk well, maybe just this once.'

they're a laugh

Mw Roofline, im sure you could find the email addresses of the council, your local MP and your local newspapper and forward them the pics. it would only take you 10mins and it couldnt hurt.

I wonder, if the bin was turned upside down, then surely that would close the lid and there does not seem to be a "This bin was upside down" box.

I'd take a day of work and come and see what their excuse would be next week.

Alternatively they would have to tick the "This wheely bin contains a thick dustman" box, as their reason for not emptying it

If you do take it to the reception at the council house, here is a tip ...... don't just leave it there in a temper - they will do you for dumping. Rather, get the name of the person who deals with refuge, put labels on the bags and ask them to put the bags in the internal post. Then leave.

Some of the 'kids' around here were cutting off the bin lids to use as sleighs !!! :LOL: A friend had his done, I was roaring up but he was most displeased.

Apologies in advance.....

I have a personal grudge against the 'bin-men' in our town :oops: . I am not a confrontational person but have nearly lost the plot on more than one occasion, the best being a driver calling the police because my little Punto (Betsy) had boxed them in :LOL: .
My main bone of contention is the road sense of the drivers. Instead of pulling forward (where they are able) to let the traffic flow, they seem to go out of their way to cause difficulties by blocking the road off completely. I am from a time when our domestic dustbins did not have any wheels :eek: , but surely nowdays these 'flashy' plastic bins could be wheeled an extra few feet to allow the traffic to get a chance to flow ?
I thought it must be a cunning plan to allow them to run around in the road without getting knocked over, but no...they still love to walk between parked cars and wait for you to pass, but fail to notice that they have blocked your side of the road with the big bin in front of them.
I wont bore you any further but could.....
The ironic thing is, I live in flat where we have 1 rubbish chute. No dustbins !! ( when they do the surrounding houses its a free for all, but if they lose bins they just follow the trail the bin men have left).

Ed

When we first got our green bins for cardboard and garden waste, the first time it was collected i came home to find a clear plastic bag tied to one of the handles. Inside were two orange juice cartons and a notice not dissimilar to the one stuck to your bin expaining that we should not put tetra-paks in the green bin and if we did it again we'd be getting a £50 fine. A little bit of an over-reaction i think, particularly in light of the fact that we don't even drink orange juice so either someone else put these in our bin ( i think this is unlkely), or the binmen tied the bag to the wrong bin. I did contemplate putting them back in the bin for the next collection so i could have a good laugh when they tried to fine me but couldn't be bothered. I just don't use the green bin now, everything goes in the rubbish.

Sponsored Links
Back