Are the bin men angry because of the snow?

Mw, at least one of your members has said his binmen do a good job.

And not sure how they will react to your facebook group calling waste management opertives ******s. They will probably think its childish, and as you have rightly commented, it is.

We had our rubbish picked up today. Luckily we weren't due a pick up last week, but they were taking extra rubbish where it was left out.

The recycling men also took their extra bags, but I think it is their policy to do this anyway.

Luckily, although our rules state bin lids should be shut, the rules aren't enforced much anyway. The operatives dont really care. Its a contract company. Sita or Sves or whatever they call themselves. :rolleyes:

I was amazed when I watched a Documentary about keeping London clean, where in the business areas of London, waste is picked up 3 times a day. :eek: What a glorious waste of money. It is put out in black bags, on the street. No wonder they have rats. And people falling over. And absolutely no incentive to recycle. One business put out bales of cardboard for general collection. This wasnt a problem, the timing of it was. But it was going to landfill with everything else. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
north Shropshire council are excellent, they take everything lid closed or open, they even take bags left next to the bin,

When we lived 10 miles down the road in Telford & Wrekin, the lid only had to be open 1cm and they wouldn't collect it. So i used to jump on the rubbish and stuff in twice as much ;) stuff em :evil: literally

They were supposed to collect our black bin general waste collection on Friday.
The council came out and said it would be collected on the next routine date meaning a wait of 4 weeks for rubbish to be collected :!:

After loads of people complained, they've seen sense and backed down.

Sponsored Links
MW. Bet your council is labour. All the stinking councils who moan about bins with lids open seem to be labour. Moaning minnies: why don't they just get on with it? By the time they've written on the sticker and applied it, they could've emptied your bloody bin twice over!!

Stockport MBC is LibDem & never a moan when picking up waste.

So i used to jump on the rubbish and stuff in twice as much literally

Sadly, lifting one of my daughters into the bin wearing wellies to stamp it down, is a common occurence in the BoxCleva household :confused:

MW. Bet your council is labour. All the stinking councils who moan about bins with lids open seem to be labour. Moaning minnies: why don't they just get on with it? By the time they've written on the sticker and applied it, they could've emptied your b****y bin twice over!!

Stockport MBC is LibDem & never a moan when picking up waste.

See the label on the bin? It says Walsall Council.

Look up Conservative controlled Walsall Council up on t'internet. ;)

http://www.walsall.gov.uk/index/council_and_democracy/elections/election_results_2008.htm

When we first moved into our house I chopped down everything in the garden, including three 30ft trees and two massive conifers, a forty foot run of overgrown roses etc. The local farmer took the trunks away for wood and I was left with a garden full of branches and leaves.

One Saturday I was talking to my neighbour on how I was going to get rid of the mountain of waste when around the corner comes the bin wagon, they sometimes come round on Saturdays to collect the garden waste bins.

Anyway, I asked them if I could put some garden waste into the wagon and pointed at my side garden, he asked the driver who scratched his head and said we can't take that much, two £10 notes later and they were happily taking everything they could, we actually filled the wagon to the brim :p

Was helping a mate a few years back, bathroom change + boiler and rads. He makes a phone call and says thats the rubbish sorted.
The binman turned up , money changed hands and it all went in the cart, woosh and gone. My mate rings them all the time.

We live in a terraced house street about the 30 houses long, which is at 90 degrees to the main road along this main there are many roads like ours which contain roughly the same amount of terraced properties per-side. On a weekday there is sufficient room for one vehicle to drive up/or down the road but should another come in the opposition direction then courtesy is required.

So the story goes like this, its half term week, she has our 8 month old child her sisters 11 month old child and two five year old children in her car. She parks her car at the top of our road, but far enough away from the t-Junction to prevent hinderance. Gets all the kids out of the car and walks to our house which is the middle one in the terrace. Low and behold just as she gets through the door and binman rolls up, "I just sin you get outta of that silva car up there, your gonna have to move it"

This is the problem, the car is parked legally, the numb nut standing at the door demanding the car be moved has forgotten to use his "P's and Q's, i'm sitting in the house having a cuppa tea, listening to this idiot have a go at my missus thinking shall I go out there and throw a few F**ks into him, so I let it ride for a while. He then says to the missus, if you don't move the car I will call the police? So she tells him to call the police. He then says, "I gotta get my lorry round that corner, if I hit your motor then its your fault" Anyway this heated debate goes for a while, resulting in my missus telling him where to get off.

Yes I could have moved the car, but because of his threatening and damn right rude manner towards my wife I stayed put. He managed to get his lorry around the corner without hitting our car or any other despite all his bravado.

The essence of this story is this, when the binmen come to collect our black box and blue bag in the recycling wagon, they drive up the road and collect all the rubbish on the left hand side and then have to do a 360 degree turn on a very tight t-junction, to drive back down the same road to collect the rubbish on the right hand side! :confused: The reason for this is because the refuge can be put in one side of the lorry only. therefore it would mean walking around the back of the lorry and walking an extra fifteen yards or so to the other side of the road to collect there rubbish. "We would want them to get run over by the passing car that can't get past because their lorry is blocking the entire road now would we", Surely asking them to walk to the otherside of the road to collect the other rubbish would be asking to much" No, "What we'll do instead is threaten the poeple that pay their councils taxes for this service, because they are to damn lazy or stupid to realise that turning a lorry that big in such a small space is mindless to say the least.

For the past three weeks we haven't had our refuge collected because Mr Binman is obviously still having a strop, What with all the seagulls round here, the path way is beginning to look messy outside our house with three weeks worth of bin bags rotting away. We have lodged a complaint with our council, but as is always the case, it is still being dealt with. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back