As Parents Would You Be Shocked If You Children/Family Told You They Were Gay???

The official guide in education is that 'YOU SHOULD NOT CHALLENGE SOMEONE who is being abusive to someone else because of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation etc, etc. Rather, you should try to engage them in conversation to find out why they hold the views they hold. Under no circumstances openly challenge them, especially if you feel unsafe and the better course of action is to refer the matter to a Safe Guarding Team member. If the person being abused is in immediate danger or has been physically assaulted you should inform the police at once.

Sponsored Links
The official guide in education is that 'YOU SHOULD NOT CHALLENGE SOMEONE who is being abusive to someone else because of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation etc, etc. Rather, you should try to engage them in conversation to find out why they hold the views they hold. Under no circumstances openly challenge them, especially if you feel unsafe and the better course of action is to refer the matter to a Safe Guarding Team member. If the person being abused is in immediate danger or has been physically assaulted you should inform the police at once.

By the way, what does IRL stand for?

NB: Below is a copy of my original post as some may have misinterpreted what was stated
===================
=============================

Sadly, still too many people are still shocked and in denial about this especially if the child tells their parents they are gay. It's made worse if the child or the family member is already married to the opposite sex and then leaves them for someone of the same sex.

Talking to friends, certain parts of the community on the whole still see it as massive negative as do most very religious people and bigots.

It's made worse if the person moves from a heterosexual relationship to a gay one where the new love of their life is from a different country/religion/colour/status/etc/etc.

In 2022 if you saw or heard anything like that would you challenge it IRL or the net.

Are you guilty of making homophobic comments IRL or the net and are you big enough to admit it??

Indeed a lot people make all kinds of comments in private be it homophobic, racist, or other hate comments and IMO that's where children pick up the bad behaviour often from their parents, single parents, step-parents etc. We never joke about anything that may hurt others.

When I was younger much younger I was naive and used to join in with mates comments/banter that is now seen as out of order and the problem was we used to be used to these kinds of comments on tv, so-called comedies etc. Sadly, you see it too often the snide comments by the illiterates IRL and the net.

Someone that worked with me many, many years ago she was a 'born again...' type always bleated on about how good their religion was and it made her what she was and was very against same-sex marriages etc etc. Guess what, out of nowhere their 30+ son declared he was gay - the woman had a nervous breakdown, so it can hit any family best to be open-minded and fair from the outset to avoid breakdowns like this woman.

Have things moved on or are they more hidden in your estimations?? IMO, its more covert IRL and sadly still rife on some forums, I will report it without fail and it is always removed. Often they are the same culprits but if not challenged, others sitting on the fence may/will join in and this is why we all have to challenge it!!!!

My motto is live and let live as long as it is within the law of the land and I for one would never ask anyone to agree with anything if they don't want IE freedom of choice. However, I will challenge and report bigots if/when safe to do so.

Thanks

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...-told-you-they-were-gay.588893/#ixzz7OCdDLQll

Sponsored Links
People can do what ever they want ( with in reason) as regards there sexual preferences

who cares

How ever all this self identifying as
A woman and all that ball cocks

but some how they expect people to take all this caper seriously

and bang on about equal rights to woman whilst scratching the nuts

bunch of fruit cakes as far as I am concerned clogging up the NHS with there therapy nonsense and expect every one to say nowt and just go along with there nonsense

fruit cakes

People can do what ever they want ( with in reason) as regards there sexual preferences

who cares

No they can't if it is not within the law. If it's within the law then I agree with your above post.

How ever all this self identifying as
A woman and all that ball cocks

but some how they expect people to take all this caper seriously

and bang on about equal rights to woman whilst scratching the nuts

bunch of fruit cakes as far as I am concerned clogging up the NHS with there therapy nonsense and expect every one to say nowt and just go along with there nonsense

fruit cakes

I also agree with most of the above and said it before on this thread and reiterate - do gooders think they are helping but IMO they are not

I'm no fan of of the scenarios you've stated.

Live and let live within the law but don't force it on people.

Than you get the fruit cakes who were hopeless at there chosen sport when they were blokes

decide to self identify as woman and take part in woman’s sport as woman :ROFLMAO:

swimmers
Weightlifters
jeez us wept :ROFLMAO:

Than you get the fruit cakes who were hopeless at there chosen sport when they were blokes

decide to self identify as woman and take part in woman’s sport as woman :ROFLMAO:

swimmers
Weightlifters
jeez us wept :ROFLMAO:

The "fruit cakes" you refer to BoS, don't blame them as thy have done nothing wrong. FYI, I'm agreeing with you but I'm diplomatic about it and it has noting really to do with this. Perhaps you want to intiate your own thread on that subject??

You said this:

"Not in the world I and my family live in as the vast majority are with the opposite sex atm!!!"

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...you-they-were-gay.588893/page-3#ixzz7OCi3hPtk

Which is different from what you've made us believe.

My siblings, my parents, our grandchildren, our friends, my inlaws, inlaw family etc, our neibours, work mates, social friends are who they are - non are gay -

What have I "made you believe" and where chum???

Are you unable to comprehend the thread and the OP??????????????

Many thanks!!

The "fruit cakes" you refer to BoS, don't blame them as thy have done nothing wrong. FYI, I'm agreeing with you but I'm diplomatic about it and it has noting really to do with this. Perhaps you want to intiate your own thread on that subject??

What people do in there lives is there bussiness who cares

we work for gay people

but than u end up in some traffic jam as some pedestrian crossing is painted in rainbow colours

all funded by council tax payers

or some pencil pushing fruit cake gets put in charge of some quango
Council dept to promote the rights of some bloke dressing up
As a woman

or you listen to the radio we’re some fruit cake parent wants to send there 15 year old son to school dressed as a girl because he has decided he wants to self identify

jeez us wept :LOL:

What people do in there lives is there bussiness who cares

we work for gay people

but than u end up in some traffic jam as some pedestrian crossing is painted in rainbow colours

all funded by council tax payers

or some pencil pushing fruit cake gets put in charge of some quango
Council dept to promote the rights of some bloke dressing up
As a woman

or you listen to the radio we’re some fruit cake parent wants to send there 15 year old son to school dressed as a girl because he has decided he wants to self identify

jeez us wept :LOL:

You feel quite strongly about it son. So what are you doing about it???

I felt strongly about someone in our office smelling of dogs. Someone appraoched me in the office and asked if i wanted to complain, I did.

So what are you doing about it??

Re homophobic comments I report them if i see them online

Sponsored Links
Back