BBC Still the most trusted source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Lol. Bit of a nonsense survey in my opinion but fun to watch some of the RWR on here begin to spontaneously explode with rage. Some RWR idiots on here actually believe Sky News is a left wing organisation.

Posted at 2:45am, sleepless night mate ?

Sponsored Links
Does that mean you have a short circadian cycle?
Not really no.
I'm at my most productive (office wise) early in the morning. Mainly due to the lack of distractions and the fact that I'm waking up rather than falling asleep. I still put in a days graft as well so feeling sleepy in the evenings is normal, especially after standing on a freezing rugby field watching my second born get battered.

That reminds me, I may not be posting tomorrow as I will be at Twickers cheering England on.(y)

Their headlines and stories on the net and on Twitter always take the most negative anti-UK, anti government/ conservative slant of the story.

The stories are carefully written to include the counter argument, but in much fewer words. Even the phrases and words used are carefully chosen to enhance the bad and reduce the good.

It's quite shrewd the way they do it, but my BS filters work well.

The stories are carefully written to include the counter argument, but in much fewer words. Even the phrases and words used are carefully chosen to enhance the bad and reduce the good.
Are you saying the BBC are wrong to point out the bad? So, if for example say Brexit is bad and they keep reporting as so, why is this a problem?

Are you saying the BBC are wrong to point out the bad? So, if for example say Brexit is bad and they keep reporting as so, why is this a problem?

Brexit is a good example - how did you manage to think of that? Anyway, because it's unknown, it's just opinion and as such can be good or bad depending on ones opinion. The BBC's opinion is always bad. But they should be sticking to facts not opinion, which requires an unbiased style of writing.

A factual example would be say if the news item was "JohnD is clueless". There's no room for opinion in this because it's based on fact, it's evident, it's true and there is nothing to the contrary or alternative possible. But I suspect the BBC headline would be "JohnD set to blow your mind with revelation of unimaginable never seen before Google links" - which puts a much more positive spin on things, but will ultimately prove to be false.

It appears to me that as far as the BBC seem to be concerned when reporting the economy if it is bad news then it is "because of Brexit . . . . . .", but if it is good news then it is "despite Brexit . . . . . "

it appears to me that whenever one of the downsides of Brexit is mentioned, the quitters put their fingers in their ears and shout "oh no it isn't."

How's that £350million a week coming on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back