Be careful who you offend

Your bacon sandwiches making antics are safe.

Any criminal lawyer would pick me up on this, but being found not guilty and acquitted is basically the same thing, for the purposes of this discussion.

A person might be charged with Assault which turns out to be self defence.

Criminal damage with lawful excuse.

Sponsored Links
Again, irrelevant.

To coin your phrase - 100% illegal. Nailed on.(y)
Poor Vinty does not the difference between being anti-Semitic and actually murdering Jews.

Not the most difficult question of the day boyo.:rolleyes:
Some bloke gets drunk and makes a stupid video which he probably thought was funny ,the targets of his"humour" were not offended enough to complain yet the thought police took him to court giving him more publicity than he deserved.
Pathetic.

Sponsored Links
Nobody has the right not to be offended.
Or something like that.

Wrong.
The British justice system took him to court and found him guilty of posting grossly offensive and anti Semitic material on a public forum.
Did he do this - yes he did.
The British justice system used to hang children, the law can sometimes be an Ass.

In your opinion was it grossly offensive?
Yes it probably was to a lot of people but not to me personally as I am not Jewish, although in hindsight it was right for YouTube to take the video down the only point I was making was that some Jewish people defended the blokes right post the video in the first place.

I didn't care either...

...but the judge thought it was. That's how it works.

I suppose he can appleal, if he wants.

The problem is that this term anti semitic has been weaponised and used to target political opponents whether it is justified or not.
You now have the crazy situation were people who have been accusing others of anti Semitism and now being accused of the same offence.
The Daily Telegraph ran a story on George Soros and his £400,000 donation to Gina Miller's Remain group, the Telegraph was accused of anti Semitism because it singled out George Soros who is Jewish , so you have a newspaper which constantly accuses Corbyn of anti semitism being accused itself of anti semitism.
It is all starting to get a bit silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
One possibility is that the Torygraph, and the rest of the right-wing press, have found this is a good way to insult and denigrate their enemies, regardless of the truth.

Can someone show me the Torygraph attacking any Tory anti-Semite politicians?

We all know the pro-Nazi record of the Mail.

Youtube still has loads of utterly abhorrent content from beheadings to punishment amputations, with graphic road traffic accidents in the middle.

Yet nudity or sex isn’t allowed. I do think the chap has grounds for appeal but might want better defence next time.

I wonder how many people condemned the charlie hebdo attacks. The paper took the pi55 out of religion, all religion and paid the ultimate price at the hands of a few 'offended' men.

Sponsored Links
Back