Be careful who you offend

Sponsored Links
It did not need to be anti semitic. It needed to be grossly offensive.

You can be prosecuted for something that isn’t illegal. Happens quite a bit. Whether you get convicted is something else.

Sponsored Links
Laws are always evolving through decided cases and occasionally judicial review. An example is the defence of lawful excuse, self defence etc. where you might be prosecuted, convicted and then have the conviction overturned.

or the prosecution might fail, due to similarities with deduced cases.

It was David Baddiel actually, he said that Sasha Baron Cohen makes jokes about Jewish people shape shifting into cockroaches ,he also said people have the right not to be taken seriously.
Sacha Baron Cohen is Jewish, or at least raised with the Jewish faith. Does that make a difference I wonder, who it is that makes jokes?

Sacha Baron Cohen is Jewish, or at least raised with the Jewish faith. Does that make a difference I wonder, who it is that makes jokes?
Yes, of course. It shouldn't but it does.

Have you noticed how members of a (now protected) minority frequently predominently make whatever-ist jokes about that minority AND the majority while it is no longer allowed for the majority to do it.

E.g. comediennes (not female comedians) make jokes about women AND men while men are not allowed to make so-called sexist jokes about women.

Prosecution differs from conviction.
Ok. Are you saying people are prosecuted when there is no hope of a conviction? If so, what would be the offence?

I am trying to find out for what legal action someone may be prosectuted (or even just get into trouble). Are there any?

Ok. Are you saying people are prosecuted when there is no hope of a conviction? If so, what would be the offence?

No, because you've added the italicised bit after my post.
To the best of my recollection, bringing a prosecution doth not a conviction guarantee.

There are two ways you can answer this:

1. Person A does something that the police/cps think meets the criteria of crime, but he claims a lawful excuse and they wish to try to disprove this and that they have a realistic chance of a conviction, so they go for it. they fail to convince the judge so person A’s action which he was prosecuted for aren’t a crime.

2. The law is a bit vague and open to interpretation, it gets decided at a higher court and a precedent is set. Again a person is prosecuted for something that turned out not to be illegal.

Ok but I am having trouble with this.

"Person A does something that the police/cps think meets the criteria of crime"
or
"a person is prosecuted for something that turned out not to be illegal"

I assume you don't mean found not guilty but that there was no case to answer.
Wouldn't this just be incompetence on the part of the CPS?

Therefore, what sort of thing would a person be charged with if it turns out not to be a crime?

I presume my example of making bacon sandwiches because you hate jews or muslims is not such an example.

It doesn't come anymore anti-Semitic than "Gas the Jews", boyo.

Perhaps Vinty thought it was an advertising slogan for Gazprom. FFS.:rolleyes:
very good now you are cracking anti -semitic jokes
do you really believe that when this guy said "Gas the Jews"it was serious exhortation to viewers of his video to go out and gas some Jews.who is being silly now,

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back