Be careful who you offend

Slick Sammy seamlessly steers the thread into an anti-Mulsim rant.
Wondered what you was getting at.

Nothing to do with being 'anti-muslim'. I could have said Judaism and the outcome would have been the same. I've nothing to hide, I think religion is a massive cause of problems and tension globally but there are some religions and ideologies I dislike more than others. Being offended by something is subjective, who are you to tell someone else what should or should not offend them?

The sooner you realise that the sooner you will understand what I'm getting at. Until then, you're on your own.

Sponsored Links
You need to brush up on the law Woods. I bet he did summat daft like post anti-Semitic stuff on you tube mebbe.
I guess the law folks at his trial understood things better than you Woodplops.(y)

He posted a video of a dog. It raised it's paw when the bloke said "sieg heil".

You don't need to be a barrister or a bricklayer to understand that.

The Law decided that it was a hate crime. A video of a dog, someone saying something that someone was offended by.

Let me summarise that for you ..... someone felt offended. Nothing else, someone felt offended. Result ... criminal record.

Whatever else you have to say, whatever quip, or diversionary post you make, I can't for the life of me think that you are really failing to grasp that very simple thing.

You need to brush up on the law Woods. I bet he did summat daft like post anti-Semitic stuff on you tube mebbe.
I guess the law folks at his trial understood things better than you Woodplops

No Noseall' Woodys right. This damn stupid effin law got brought in about 18 months or so ago. Now, you only need to feel offended, even if every reasonable person thinks you're wrong; and as long as you feel offended, then the police have to investigate and put it forward for the CPS to review. It's all part of supporting the snowlakers because they get offended at everything, and you gotta look after em.

Yet plod can't investigate burglaries, and they won't bother shop lifting if it's less than £200, but get a snowflake hate crime, they you'll have 3 squad cars attending. The sods aren't fit for purpose any longer.

Sponsored Links
Now, you only need to feel offended, even if every reasonable person thinks you're wrong; and as long as you feel offended, then the police have to investigate and put it forward for the CPS to review.

Actually I believe it is worse than that. You can report it if you think someone else was offended.

From here: http://report-it.org.uk/what_is_hate_crime (the official reporting website)

"What crimes can I report?

All hate crimes and incidents should be reported, whether you have been a victim, a witness or you are reporting on behalf of someone else."

Actually I believe it is worse than that. You can report it if you think someone else was offended

You're right, I forgot about that point. Damn frightening; I don't think Orwell ever expected that one.

Fancy that - being able to report a crime. Gosh! Who would want to be a criminal with all those do-gooder snoopers around reporting crimes. In the good old days you could rape a woman, burgle the rich people on the posh estate and shout n**ger or P**i b'stard at who ever you wanted to and no one would bother.

What has this world come to. Damn frightening.

Last edited:
Fancy that - being able to report a crime. Gosh! Who would want to be a criminal with all those do-gooder snoopers around reporting crimes. In the good old days you could rape a woman, burgle the rich people on the posh estate and shout n**ger or P**i b'stard at who ever you wanted to and no one would bother.

What has this world come to. Damn frightening.

You still haven't got it. Sarcasm is a pretty low form of wit as we all know.

Being openly racist is completely different in the way you've mentioned, from making a criticism formed on the basis of religion. Making a joke at the expensive of a religion or its followers shouldn't be classed as the same thing as what you're suggesting.

What you're still complettec glossing iver, or maybe too stupid to grasp, I can't tell is the issue of the loose wording of the law and the subjectivity of offence.

The law doesn't define the point where being offensive starts or ends in the second way what could offend you might not offend me.

This is why it's referred to as a slippery slope.

The core of the slippery slope argument is that a specific decision under debate is likely to result in unintended consequences.

This is already playing out and you unintentionally do realise this yourself where you say "in the good old days...', implying things have moved on.

Now take all of what I've just said and consider this, you call me a name, for arguments sake, a faggot. I find that deeply offensive and unfounded. Some people may use that word as part of a joke or punchline, maybe day to day banter.

But I, me, singular person found it offensive. Why shouldn't you go to jail?

Making a joke at the expensive of a religion or its followers shouldn't be classed as the same thing as what you're suggesting
Who said it was?
Dave Allen often made jokes about religion and it was hilarious. He could probably get away with it now.

The law doesn't define
I bet it does.

Why shouldn't you go to jail?
We have trials, juries and lawyers to decide that sort of thing? I'm pretty confident that there is a fair amount of process between you being called a faggot and me ending up in nick.

The 30-year-old taught his girlfriend's pug to react to the words "gas the Jews", which he repeated 23 times in the short video that he uploaded to his YouTube channel last year.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/1/schedule

Not a new law and fairly obvious to anyone that this is encouraging hatred toward jews.

There did however seem to be a strong defence argument, it’s not clear if he appealed. We won’t really know if the defence was his best angle or genuine. I can see both sides.

Last edited:
Let me summarise that for you ..... someone felt offended. Nothing else, someone felt offended. Result ... criminal record
Let me summarise for you....
Mr Brown said there was no evidence of a complainer in the case, adding Police Scotland was not contacted by anyone who found the video 'grossly offensive or menacing.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...zi-salutes-convicted-court.html#ixzz5AMaqvxqF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I guess the law applied in this case.(y)

Sponsored Links
Back