Be careful who you offend

Fancy that - being able to report a crime. Gosh! Who would want to be a criminal with all those do-gooder snoopers around reporting crimes. In the good old days you could rape a woman, burgle the rich people on the posh estate and shout n**ger or P**i b'stard at who ever you wanted to and no one would bother.

What has this world come to. Damn frightening.

Weak strawman argument.

Perhaps you could cite examples of 'in the good old days'......

Sponsored Links
Let me summarise for you....
Mr Brown said there was no evidence of a complainer in the case, adding Police Scotland was not contacted by anyone who found the video 'grossly offensive or menacing.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...zi-salutes-convicted-court.html#ixzz5AMaqvxqF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I guess the law applied in this case.(y)

Err, the police were the complainants.

Is that 2006 law mentioned in the post above the same hate law that this post is about with the same criteria and covering the same things and offences?

Weak strawman argument
For or against what? The general public have always reported crimes and always will.
Perhaps you could cite examples of 'in the good old days'......
My post was sarcastic irony. However, the 1970's was classed by many as the good old days. Rolf, Max, Alf and Jimmy all had a ball back then.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Err, to quote Woody...

I guess the law applied here and guess what the jury thought......
This is getting hard.

The police are the complainants, the police investigate, the pcs prosecute, the jury don't interpret the law.

The police are the complainants, the police investigate, the pcs prosecute, the jury don't interpret the law.
I geddit. Do you? What did you mean when you wrote this then....
..... someone felt offended. Nothing else, someone felt offended
If you wish to re-write British law be my guest.
Not my fault the twonk posted anti-Semitic material on youtube for millions to view.

Last edited:
We have trials, juries and lawyers to decide that sort of thing? I'm pretty confident that there is a fair amount of process between you being called a faggot and me ending up in nick.

Not forgetting the police to respond, and investigate.
In order to be fair (and seen to be fair), all complaints should be investigated. Could take up a lot of police time.

Meanwhile, in other news:

http://www.murdermap.co.uk/news.asp

uttered a few words
Uttered a few words woody says, as though they were something like, "good doggy" :rolleyes:

It was not the dog that was charged or found guilty, it was the man!
It was not the dog that made the video, or posted it on youtube. It was the man. :rolleyes:
Adding the dog to his video was his devious method of hoping to claim it was humorous.

Maybe the sheriff was mistaken:
Sheriff O'Carroll said Meehan was "quite obviously an intelligent and articulate man".
But he added: "The accused knew that the material was offensive and knew why it was offensive.
"Despite that the accused made a video containing anti-Semitic content and he would have known it was grossly offensive to many Jewish people."
Maybe Meehan was not an intelligent and articulate man.

I was wrong.. this was the offence, they could have used either, but his mistake was the making and publishing of a video that meant the CPS could use the communications act, which has a much lower test:
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/section/127

Had he done it down the pub and someone else recorded it. The above wouldn't apply.

scotts law is a bit odd as there is a blurring of the court functions.. its unlikely that this case was put before a Jury (solemn proceedings) as the offence is a Summary offence, so would be heard by a sole "Judge" Sheriff.

some people are offended by any thing , some people (politicians ?) are offended on other peoples behalf or so they say ? when they assume that they speak for the majority in some speech :)

Its all this PC / snow flake caper imo

some people are offended by any thing , some people (politicians ?) are offended on other peoples behalf or so they say ? when they assume that they speak for the majority in some speech :)

Its all this PC / snow flake caper imo
Some people will go out of their way to be offended safe in the knowledge that their ethnicity or religion will give them the advantage when claiming compo for 'hurt feelings'

Some people will go out of their way to be offended safe in the knowledge that their ethnicity or religion will give them the advantage when claiming compo for 'hurt feelings'
You mean being offended is that latest easy scam like supposed 'whiplash' or pretending to be ill on holiday? There must be many reported cases of false claims. What's the biggest claim you have seen so far? Do you have any links?
Its hard to believe people can be offended at an innocent statement like "gas the Jews".

Some people will go out of their way to make stuff up on the spot. Notch and Vinty are experts at it.

Last edited:
Fancy that - being able to report a crime. Gosh! Who would want to be a criminal with all those do-gooder snoopers around reporting crimes. In the good old days you could rape a woman, burgle the rich people on the posh estate and shout n**ger or P**i b'stard at who ever you wanted to and no one would bother.

What has this world come to. Damn frightening.

It's the reporting something that is not a crime (but Plod are then obliged to investigate) that's the strange bit.

You mean being offended is that latest easy scam like supposed 'whiplash' or pretending to be ill on holiday? There must be many reported cases of false claims. What's the biggest claim you have seen so far? Do you have any links?
Its hard to believe people can be offended at an innocent statement like "gas the Jews".

Some people will go out of their way to make stuff up on the spot. Notch and Vinty are experts at it.
Any examples of 'stuff' I have made up, or are you just making things up.

Sponsored Links
Back