Breakfast Cereals

I agree with those who have said go without breakfast.

Once you start eating you want to eat more.

I like salt.

Sponsored Links
Today, all I will eat for example is 2 desert spoons of porridge made with water before going to the gym tonight. I wont really feel hungry.

You must be one skinny brother! That's 20 (k)cals ish after a whole day at work or whatever before training? Guessing you binge after the gym?

I dont know how anybody can get on with a days work without breakfast and a cuppa.

I think oats are the best, porridge or muesli.......great slow release food with soluble fibre.

Oh no, gotta have a cuppa :) First thing I do is switch the kettle on.

Today, all I will eat for example is 2 desert spoons of porridge made with water before going to the gym tonight. I wont really feel hungry.
I would've thought that was dangerous to work out with nothing in you?

Sponsored Links
Oh no, gotta have a cuppa :) First thing I do is switch the kettle on.

I would've thought that was dangerous to work out with nothing in you?

It takes a few months to adapt, but you aren’t working out with nothing in you, a lb of human fat would fuel you for at least 3-4 hours of hard exercise.

Having fasted yesterday- today i will be eating anything I want

That's my kinda diet!

I am not terribly mobile, my walking is appalling and don't have a wide repertoire of exercise routines: I swim and sometimes cycle round a track using a bike adapted for hand pedalling.

I try to avoid carbs as much as I can, save for porridge.

I try and stick to around 12-1500 cals per day and have tried fasting days.

My problem as a veggie is hitting the protein mark. I'm supposed to have 170g per day, but always seem to fall short. Trouble is, I can't sustain that as the body will deplete skeletal muscle to provide for other areas, such as the heart.

I need to look more at eating peas, nuts and beans.

4 months ago, my weight was 165kg but now is 147. I know I am massively overweight and am now doing my best to come down because I know if I don't, I will be dead very soon.

I don't know what to make of BMI, though. All my consultants weigh me and check BP and talk about my BMI, which was 49.2 but is now 43.8.

I am just over 6 feet tall. They tell me that to have a healthy BMI, I should weigh between 62 and 84.1kg (approx 9 stone 11 and 13 stone 3).

So, only another minimum of 63 kg to lose!

Last edited:
If you've got a few lb to drop 5:2 is a pretty easy diet to follow. Any 2 days, max 600kcal (I rarely eat that much) the other 5 whatever you feel like. On the 2 fasting days you'll be taking approx 3,000kcal out of your diet a week, which allowing for a little over eating the day after - equates to about 1lb a week off.

You must be one skinny brother! That's 20 (k)cals ish after a whole day at work or whatever before training? Guessing you binge after the gym?
bowl of soup.. Total kcal yesterday about 500..

100-150 in tea and coffee all day
90-100 dry fried egg - before gym (instead of porridge)
bowl of veg soup (300Kcal) after gym (1 1/2 hour cycling and a 1 hour stretching class, so not too tough ~ 1000- 1200kcal burned)

I've just gone back to 5:2 after doing 6:1 for a year as I was dropping too much on 5:2 (did it about 3 years). Unfortunately, I found 6:1 a bit of a struggle as you go too long between fasting, so it feels harder.

Today I've already eaten two bagels with butter and jam. :D I'll be fasting again tomorrow.

The avg man with a healthy BMI has 10,000kcal of stored energy - our bodies were "designed" to go without food for periods of time

It takes a few months to adapt, but you aren’t working out with nothing in you, a lb of human fat would fuel you for at least 3-4 hours of hard exercise.

Having fasted yesterday- today i will be eating anything I want
I don't think I could fast for an entire day let alone work out on an empty stomach, but often go about 17hrs between meals, if I include sleeping! Apparently a daily fast is quite good for you.

Best way for me to lose weight personally without effort is to stop eating all refined sugar. Makes me think about what am eating and makes me prep food better. The weight tends to drop off even though it's boring.

That's my kinda diet!

I am not terribly mobile, my walking is appalling and don't have a wide repertoire of exercise routines: I swim and sometimes cycle round a track using a bike adapted for hand pedalling.

I try to avoid carbs as much as I can, save for porridge.

I try and stick to around 12-1500 cals per day and have tried fasting days.

My problem as a veggie is hitting the protein mark. I'm supposed to have 170g per day, but always seem to fall short. Trouble is, I can't sustain that as the body will deplete skeletal muscle to provide for other areas, such as the heart.

I need to look more at eating peas, nuts and beans.

4 months ago, my weight was 165kg but now is 147. I know I am massively overweight and am now doing my best to come down because I know if I don't, I will be dead very soon.

I don't know what to make of BMI, though. All my consultants weigh me and check BP and talk about my BMI, which was 49.2 but is now 43.8.

I am just over 6 feet tall. They tell me that to have a healthy BMI, I should weigh between 62 and 84.1kg (approx 9 stone 11 and 13 stone 3).

So, only another minimum of 63 kg to lose!

1500 is good, though a bit miserable for you. I quickly calculated your BMR (2300-2800) so you should be dropping 2-3lb a week. You wont be able to stop your body burning protein - it doesn't care where it gets the energy from. All you can do is try to get plenty in and do as much muscle building/retaining as you can. At least you aren't vegan, so can eat eggs? If you can do 15-20mins of exercise a day, even just bodyweight stuff, it will help.

have a read of this: https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/vegetarian-bodybuilding.html

Look on the back of a box of Weetabix Crispy Minis with chocolate chips.

"DIVE IN! Weetabix crispy minis are.........crammed with chocolate chips"

Now, the chocolate content of this cereal is 12%.

The sugars content of the cereal is 21%.

Funny how it is not "crammed with sugar"

Go for just plain old Weetabix then.... Is it so hard?

Sponsored Links
Back