Capping Appliances

newcomers said:
kevplumb said:
go and ask your flaming lecturer you should have been tought all this :rolleyes:

Where in the acs does it ask? Mustve missed those questions

you may just have

not in the test but as pappy says you should have been told or at least shown during your training

not an effing fast track are yer :evil:

Sponsored Links
Look newcomers get

1/4
3/8
1/2
3/4
1 1/4
1 1/2

plugs and caps especially loads of 1/4 plugs for restirctor elbows.

Then 8,10,12,15,22,28 comp caps

Then think of how you are going to T.T appliances on their own ie not connected to the gas supply and get adapters to allow you to connect your manometer and bellows to appliances.

Unfortunately ACS doesn't teach you initiative - it comes from within. Get the BES catalog and start ordering.

corgiman said:
newcomers said:
kevplumb said:
go and ask your flaming lecturer you should have been tought all this :rolleyes:

Where in the acs does it ask? Mustve missed those questions

you may just have

not in the test but as pappy says you should have been told or at least shown during your training

not an effing fast track are yer :evil:

Sure am. £4,000 and 30 weeks of hard work

what a pillock

the best of british luck to you and the poor devils you work for

who gave you the supervisor nescessary to get on a course and what did he teach you??? I hope you did not pay for that

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
what a pillock

Why say that? I passed didnt I? Im now on my own covering North and West London for the company I work for doing breakdowns and havent had 1 problem yet

You lot are too quick to judge

newcomers said:
corgiman said:
what a pillock

Why say that? I passed didnt I? Im now on my own covering North and West London for the company I work for doing breakdowns and havent had 1 problem yet

and you are an arrogant a** sir

kevplumb said:
newcomers said:
corgiman said:
what a pillock

and you are an arrogant a** sir

Whys that?

because passing the ACS does not mean anything

it just means that you did enough to pass on the day, and the creditablity of this rests on whether the assessor wanted to foxtrot oscar home early on not that day.

anyway I may have been a lottle harsh and I do wish you well on your new career. just take your time, listern a lot, and take a ribbing with good humour

and you will be fine

newcomers said:
corgiman said:
what a pillock

havent had 1 problem yet

well you did have a nightmare on a cdi and also couldn't trace and repair a gas leak so not exactly problem free. Its not so much you but more the fact that gas technicians are coming out of training with a serious lack of knowledge. Courses are training enough to pass the acs exam but woefully short of practical real world scenarios.

corgiman said:
because passing the ACS does not mean anything

it just means that you did enough to pass on the day, and the creditablity of this rests on whether the assessor wanted to foxtrot oscar home early on not that day.

anyway I may have been a lottle harsh and I do wish you well on your new career. just take your time, listern a lot, and take a ribbing with good humour

and you will be fine

If I didnt want to listen and learn, then would I be on here asking questions?

Like I said, some people are too quick too judge. Im still buying books and manufacturers instructions now so I can learn more. Im trying to get my compnay to book me on courses for all the major manufacturers

why not book your self, in my experiance you will be waiting a while for you company to do it

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back