Ceiling patches after painting ceiling Help. (Prior patch work fix) PU flex filler. Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have run into a slight problem, my ceiling had some very bad cracks in them, I reached out to my plaster who plastered the ceiling and cracks. A month passed and the same old cracks returned. Mist coat was applied to the new plaster ceiling after a few weeks.

I informed my plasterer of the cracks returning, he then returned and opened a narrow channel where the cracks were and filled this with a PU based flexible sealer/filler which is overpaintable. He applied this and feather watered the filler to a smooth finish evenly.

He then informed me that after a week or so, to then apply 2 coats of primer to these areas and to then follow two coats of a good emulsion ceiling paint.

I took his advice, but sadly after the 2 coats of primer (Zinsser B-I-N) and 2 coats of Leyland Trade Vinyl Matt Pure Brilliant white, I noticed the outline of some of the primer/PU Filler have shown through patches after completion.

It just looks like a patch or like as if some areas have absorbed the paint too much, greyish kinda or is this a shadow because of the uneven patchwork. Though having touched the surface it feels flat and even but on the edges, I feel and see the outline but nothing too extreme? so i am confused

I don't know what to do if I'm honest guys, I have put pictures below for your reference.

Any help would be great please, it seems as if coat by coat it gets better but before I proceed to put another coat on I thought it may be best to ask you guys for any advice.

Having thought about it maybe a PU filler was not suitable but they did stop the cracks. I just hope this problem can be rectified without having to strip back the ceiling. I just want the ceiling to look all white and not patchy grey areas as it seems, the patches are so big beyond the channels made in the ceiling, so I suspect this may be the primer? I don't really know guys. Please help :(

Just to add: I applied coats of primers 12 hours apart and emulsions after 4 hours. Used a short pile sleeve roller, and applied the emulsion evenly in the direction of light. I have always done this and never encountered problems with ceilings until now.

Please help and sorry/thank you in advance for the essay and responses.

Many thanks. (Pictures Below)

Before :

aCn4CSv.jpg

dNC6T5G.jpg

After with patches.

rLK07fS.jpg

MuoMDfX.jpg

vmtsO1m.jpg

g192sGQ.jpg

bqvKqOG.jpg

Io52I1e.jpg

lgtv4Il.jpg

W0B49vB.jpg

DpMtcbI.jpg

6g5WX9d.jpg

cfjVSao.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back