Cheese and onion or Salt n vingar?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The answer to the original post obvioulsy depends on the brand :!:

Walkers C&O
G Wonder: S&V (they way overflavour them, which is great, but sometimes stings the lips) Lovely.

Having said all that, I prefer Sea bass cooked in butter with saute potatoes.
Accompanied, a little radically, by a nice Aussie Shiraz

Definately cheese and onion for me but I constantly get caught out by the wrapper colours. Cheese and onion should be green/yellow and salt and vinegar blue

Couldn't agree more! For years and years cheese & onion were in green bags and s&v in blue. Then out of the blue, (no pun intended), they swap them round!! FFS!!!! Why can't they leave things alone???
Best cheese & onion ever made was by Smiths crisps! Full of flavour, not like the measly chemical taste you get these days, :evil:

Walkers Salt and Vinegar = Green
Walkers Cheese and Onion = Blue

Golden wonder (better crisps IMHO) other way around. Simples.

Thinking about it I can't remember the last time I saw Golden Wonder around here. Its always Walkers, Seabrook or McCoys.

Definately cheese and onion for me but I constantly get caught out by the wrapper colours. Cheese and onion should be green/yellow and salt and vinegar blue

Yeah, that's how it was when I were a nipper!

Golden Wonder, Tudor and Seabrook were the brands I bought.

I remember my Ma giving me some pennies to put in the vending machine and get a pack of Seabrook crisps after me swimming lesson.

1972, no less.

Needless to say, the pool is long gone...

As are some of the odd flavours like Lamb and Mint Sauce, Pork Crackling, Bovril, Marmite.

I believe that walkers own golden wonder these days, perhaps that's why there was a change to differentiate the brands.

I believe that walkers own golden wonder these days, perhaps that's why there was a change to differentiate the brands.

Didn't Golden Wonder go bust some time ago.

Edit:
Golden Wonder entered into administration on 9 January 2006, threatening about 800 jobs. On 13 January 2006 it was announced that the Corby, Northamptonshire site and the contract to Mini Pringles, as produced by Golden Wonder, would transfer to Northern Irish crisp manufacturer Tayto. The announcement brought the news that 195 of 350 jobs would be saved initially. On 20 January 2006, it was announced that Tayto was to buy all Golden Wonder's UK operations including the Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire site, although it would sell the Wheat Crunchies and Nik Naks brands to United Biscuits.

Sponsored Links
Back