Climate change.

Sponsored Links
The professional classes (like you) from the west have the most freedom to lose from any government attempt to restrain co production therefore you will shout loudest from the denial soapbox.
It stands to reason.

(it's CO2 not CO! ).
Anyway, what's this thing about CO2? Are there not other gases that have far greater potential as so-called 'greenhouse gases'?
What about methane and water vapour for example? (both naturally occuring incidentally).

As for 'professional classe..and..the west, blah, blah, blah'; how often have you jetted off to the costas? Have you scrapped your car and got a bike instead? Have you got rid of the washer/tumble drier?
Have you ripped out your central heating yet?

I'm not having a go at anyone individually. We all aspire to things which our grandparents could only dream about, and which collectively consume large amounts of energy. But some of us, at least, remain objective and are sceptical about what is being rammed down our throats.

Tony, can I ask you WHY you disbelieve 97% of scientists?

Bandwagon-billy. That's you that is.

I don't read the Daily Mail. Is that where you are getting your information from?

As a matter of fact, no; I only read the Beano.

I just casually googled "where-can-I-get-any-facts-to-prove-to-all-these-people-who-are-led-on-like-sheep-that-man-made-climate-change -is-a-myth",
and that was one of the links which came up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

WHY you disbelieve 97% of scientists?

Will you tell us? (he won't) :rolleyes:

Thanks.

WHY you disbelieve 97% of scientists?

Will you tell us? (he won't) :rolleyes:

(He will).
Scientists, like the rest of us, are human. They have the herd instinct and prefer to go with the majority rather than stand outside.
It's safer for them to go with the majority view and - as I alluded to before - they get paid to do the research which 'proves' that man-made climate change exists.
No-one will pay them to prove otherwise because governments have invested political capital in the green movement. The Indians have a saying: "who rides the tiger cannot dismount".

So essentially you choose to believe the 3%.
It's nothing to do with percentages, and remember that the majority is not always right.

Who is to say that the scientists who are blaming man's activities are correct, and those who say it's naturally occuring are wrong?

Mark my words; in time that 3% will become 5%, then 20% and then common sense will finally prevail. And people will realize that they've been hoodwinked into paying higher fuel and power bills, lost jobs, and defaced the countryside with expensive and useless turbines, and all for nothing.

Who is to say that the scientists who are blaming man's activities are correct, and those who say it's naturally occuring are wrong?

The 97%.

Mark my words; in time that 3% will become 5%, then 20%

Well your words have little credibility and even less authority. However, if you are correct and the majority of scientists who are experts in the field concur that man-made climate change doesn't exist then the rest of us smart folk will accept that.

But you will have been lucky. I will have been open minded to the evidence and let the evidence lead my "opinion" on the subject.

Tony thinks all the fossil fuels can be burnt and all the trees chopped down and the weather and climate patterns will just continue as normal.
Which of course also means in his mind that crop production and harvest won't be affected in the slightest.

Personally I can't follow that logic.
It relies upon magic to ensure the weather and climate remain unchanged.

If only 3% were claiming that global warming is man made then I would sooner follow that group.

But you will have been lucky..

Chapeau; I don't think it's a case of 'luck'. It's a case of experience of human nature to make a drama out of what often amounts in the end to very little.

I've mentioned these before, but scares such as Legionaire's disease, SARS,
AIDS, Mao flu, Swine flu, Bird flu, Mad cow disease etc. come and go. Experts repeatedy told us that x % of the country's/world's population are going to be wiped out by this or that problem, but soon these things get quietly forgotten - until the next scare comes along.
Call me sceptical when it comes to the climate, but I have a feeling that 20 years from now people will look back and think how foolish we were.

Tony thinks all the fossil fuels can be burnt and all the trees chopped down and the weather and climate patterns will just continue as normal.
Which of course also means in his mind that crop production and harvest won't be affected in the slightest.

Yes, I believe we could burn all the fossil fuels we could find, and that that wouldn't make the slightest difference to the climate.
That doesn't mean to say that I don't think the climate is changing. It would be strange if the climate didn't change because the earth is huge and the oceans vast.
And yes, changes in climate will affect crops. Perhaps one day we make grow vines (again)in this country, and dates and citrus fruits on a big scale - who knows.
The human race is adaptable and will adjust to natural changes. Too many people today believe that future generations will think and act like us, but they won't. And we are patronising and smug if we think we should save a few barrels of oil or a few hardwood trees for them.

Google wrote

•We are losing Earth's greatest biological treasures just as we are beginning to appreciate their true value. Rainforests once covered 14% of the earth's land surface; now they cover a mere 6% and experts estimate that the last remaining rainforests could be consumed in less than 40 years.

Does the loss of the rainforests amount to very little?
Would you call that "scratching" the surface?

...and the ice caps continue to melt as the conspiracy theory of 'magic' continues.

You are looking pretty silly today, never mind 20 years on.

Sponsored Links
Back