Dawn Butler exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Met police are responsible for 50% of all stop and searches in the UK.

Its being used as a deterrent, so it's success rate may well be low.

Bearing in mind that the Met are only going to carry out stop and search in problem areas and not in the sleepy suburbs, if those areas happen to have a disproportionally high BAME population, it stands to reason that BAME people are going to be stopped disproportionally.

The bigger problem is that the problem areas also tend to be the more deprived areas. Maybe we should be focusing on making those areas less deprived and not just on the ethnicity of the people who live there and let the police get on with their jobs.
How do you make an area less deprived?

Sponsored Links
I believe the relevant phrase is 'no sh it sherlock'!

It's just a shame that those with another agenda don't realise this simple fact!

But it is (and has always been) a 'chicken and egg' situation!
Amazing! We agree on something :)

Sponsored Links
Investment in skills, training, infrastructure, crime reduction etc. etc.

None of which are short term fixes.
how do you train people who will not integrate and cannot speak English.

What proportion of those stopped by the police do you imagine that applies to?

how do you train people who will not integrate and cannot speak English.
Combination of the carrot and the stick. By making the integration option the one that gives you the best quality of life and the alternate one not so attractive.

Eg. offering free of charge English Language lessons, and by not making it easy for them to not speak English. By robust policing and applying stiff sentences to those caught committing a crime and also offering training that provides a route to a decently paid job.

What proportion of those stopped by the police do you imagine that applies to?
fair comment . But a large percentage I should think especially the integration aspect. it’s all relative. maybe I should have added and do not want to and will not work.

Combination of the carrot and the stick. By making the integration option the one that gives you the best quality of life and the alternate one not so attractive.

Eg. offering free of charge English Language lessons, and by not making it easy for them to not speak English. By robust policing and applying stiff sentences to those caught committing a crime and also offering training that provides a route to a decently paid job.
sounds good. if you can find me training leading me to the realistic prospect of a decently paid job just like that i’m in.

Why do you think that?
like I say integration is relative.
and to what level of integration are we talking about.
I think Anthony Joshua summed it up for me.
open shops and businesses and look after black people. As their voice on the day I think i’ve heard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back