Dentist

Sponsored Links
To be fair to dentists, I'm 36 and only have 2 fillings so far but I've had gum disease for years to make up for it! :LOL:

What i cant understand is why is there not a fload of trainee dentist out there and doctors has the amount of money they are making is out of this world.
As a gas contractor myself i was in at the right time then all of a sudden they where saying we where earning £100.000 a year which was rubbish
take a look at the average gas engineer now they have ripped him appart they are on £10.50 hr so why is the dentist bannana boat empty.

Sponsored Links
Because they are protected by the BDA - a cartel.

Steve - think yourself lucky mate...

When I was a kid (think 1974-5), I had a dentist who had a big black Victorian chair, a drill driven by bits of frayed string that slowed down if he pushed hard ( :eek: ) and

NO PAIN KILLERS!!!

Not wishing to sound hard but for fillings I don't have injections and no I'm not needle phobic either.It's because I hate that feeling when your face is numb - feels like I've had a f..ing STROKE :eek:
Small benefit also is you get charged less 'cos not used novocaine. However, on Oct 28th got to have a partial tooth removed (love cracklin & pork scratchins) dentist said you gotta have needle cos he's gotta slice my gum open to get at it :eek:
I asked him if any of his other patients do this he said no & couldn't believe my resolve, but used to pain as I have sciatica :evil: 24/7 for the last 8 yrs 8-10 painkillers a day!!

I heard a few years ago that, because Fluoride has cut down the amount of decay, fillings and extractions, younger people have much better teeth these days, so dentists have to turn to orthodontics and cosmetics to keep themselves busy and the money rolling in.

You will have noticed how most youngsters have really nice teeth.

People with ugly and neglected teeth are getting rarer.

I have not had a new filling since I was about 25, I've just had the old ones replaced when they eventually wear out. All my recent work has been in White inlays or crowns so I am gradually getting a better-looking mouth.

Still have one gold tooth though, which I expect the crematorium will have one day.

Anybody with an nhs dentist? Can't get one here, last time i tried the nearest was 30 miles away. The last one that opened, Polish, could only be contact through the local paper to save blocking up the roads. Why do we pay national insurance?

Anybody with an nhs dentist? Can't get one here, last time i tried the nearest was 30 miles away. The last one that opened, Polish, could only be contact through the local paper to save blocking up the roads. Why do we pay national insurance?

so dentists have to turn to orthodontics and cosmetics to keep themselves busy and the money rolling in.
My dentist is also an orthodontist - he did all my brace work. But I had to ask him for the treatment - he never suggested it. My problem was minor, front two teeth were twisted so one stuck out further, but it was caused by overcrowding and excess teeth under the gumline behind. He wasnt going to treat it, but the fact that one tooth stuck out more gave me a complex, so he said he'd refer it to the BDA? for assessment. They approved it and I went under t'knife.

steve69, the standard charge on the NHS for a filling and checkup is about £45, regardless of whether they use novocaine. AFAIK, they can only charge the standard prices now.

Sponsored Links
Back