Derbyshire Police Being Over Zealous. Again.

Exactly,that's all it means, isn't it?

Why such lax rules for exercise are always included, I have no idea.

Sponsored Links
The police only reviewed this case because a stink was kicked up over it.
But also only because the media picked up on a couple of photogenic women?

Who also happen to be white?

"Black, Asian and minority ethnic people in England are 54% more likely to be fined under coronavirus rules than white people"

Sponsored Links
Attendees of ghetto parties and lavish weddings and funerals, account for a lot of the spread, so it's only right they are fined the most.

That's the backup for when someone has lost the argument about the actual law/'decree' ;)
For people who like to always aggravate the police,society norms,generally be an argumentative clever arzed prat...the drinking after two pints,,driving at 33mph ( 30mph limit plus 10% limit of Speedo accuracy age old argument)Etc etc...Because generally their ego and idea of self importance is far in excess of their IQ or common sense quotient.Generally the ones who end up in trouble with the police then blame everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, either people should/must stay home all the time

OR

they have been told they must stay home BUT they may go out for several acceptable reasons.

Which is it?
Ask your local police if you that bothered..I am sure they will be more than happy to debate it with their local bored crank.

Look, either people should/must stay home all the time

OR

they have been told they must stay home BUT they may go out for several acceptable reasons.

Which is it?

Exactly.

There are indeed perfectly acceptable reasons why people can leave home.

And the COVID regs do not stipulate any distance regarding travelling for exercise.

What Johnson is doing verbally is saying STAY IN.
But he can't get away with forcing people to stay in by changing the law, hence the regulations being the way they are.

The spirit of the law does not come into it!

If you are allowed to do it, then you can. Lawfully and without impediment.

Not only can you, but you must. Everyone should exercise (no pun intended) their right to do what is lawfully allowed whether under general law or virus regulations.

Use it or lose it.

I think I have said this before on another thread.

Too many morons still not following sensible precautions, let the police get the job done.

If it means ruffling a few feathers, tough.
Those people were following the law. You don't like it, obviously, but they did nothing wrong.
Again, I have said this before and I will say it again. Police are not there to impose their idea of what is right & wrong, they have to follow the law. Whether they agree with it or not.

Whoever said they were public servants was wrong. They are servants of the Crown.

IMO the law has been written to be as flexible as possible, specifically because the govt. did not want to create a scenario where people were being fined for acceptable activities. As with lockdown 1, the list of reasons a person may leave their home is not exhaustive. Did the drafter screw up? No, they wrote it to give examples. 2 people driving 5 miles to go for a walk is within the rules. Plod should have given advice at best. Even with the massive increase in infections people still need to take care of their mental health and fitness.

The rules say I can meat a different person for exercise every day. But I should not go around the same persons house for a coffee. I suspect I am more at risk of spreading the virus meeting different people every day than meeting one person in their house.

This police force seems to consistently get it wrong.

Sponsored Links
Back