Diesel has gone up again..........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
£1.17 at my local Tesco's. How does that compare with you Northern Pepes?

Sponsored Links
Boom, boom,boom,boom Esso Blue!
I of course replies with lower grades one buys
smoke gets in yer eyes!

Sponsored Links
£1.19 p/l diesel at the Shell
£1.17 p/l diesel at morissons next door to the shell

Market Drayton
Shropshire

My trusty ol' 405 gets about 45 on it tho. Not an excuse though
I have been car sharing for about 4 months now

To be honest i dont check price i just go in and put £20/£40 quid in at a time but article in paper made me look last week . It said if you don`t do a lot of mileage its cheaper to have a petrol vehicle. Well it was ten bob a gallon cheaper for petrol and noticed the diesel was £1.17 i though fuk thats dear

I thought Brown had agreed to keep petrol and diesel below a certain price regardless of oil prices? So higher oil prices meant less tax was applied to give the same price at the pump. Maybe I dreamed it.

It is certainly having a knock on effect on prices of other products though. Hundreds of increases every week in my shop.

:(

you will pay £3 if your told because no one will do anything about it.

ha, call the french

British are ****bags when told what to do by the government.

It always amazes me that people are too dumb to realise that governments don't own money - the people do. The government either raise taxes or cut services. Take your pick. Either the Health, Education or Welfare budgets are slashed - or you have to pay for them. If fuel duty is cut - then some other tax has to rise. When I was a kid there were three cars on our entire street - now there are three at every house. Just where are people going that they never went back in the 60s? People just drive round and 'shop' because they are bored. Kids are taken to school in 4x4s so they don't get abducted by aliens. It's all got to stop somewhere. That somewhere is here and now because the Chinese and Indians no longer want to live as peasants and ride bicycles. There just isn't the oil left to prop up our oil dependent civilisations.
The wheels are falling off - you'd better get used to it. Fuel prices will continue in their upward spiral for decades to come as the resource becomes scarcer and demand keeps rising. In a few years you'll not be able to believe that petrol was once less than a quid a litre - it'll be four times that by then.
Better get used to it - it's only just started.

...article in paper made me look last week . It said if you don`t do a lot of mileage its cheaper to have a petrol vehicle. Well it was ten bob a gallon cheaper for petrol and noticed the diesel was £1.17 i though **** thats dear

It's only cheaper to have a petrol car than diesel for low milagae if the purchase price of the car is significantly cheaper than a diesel. You have to work back the capital expenditure.
But I think you will have to go back to school if you think petrol is "ten bob" cheaper than diesel or tell us where you get your petrol :LOL:

Before long the benefits of owning a diesel car will completly deminish

I was offered a gas conversion a while back, it would have set me back a grand..the bloke was citing the fact that lpg is only 48 odd pence a litre or thereabouts...it was only 32 pence a litre a while back..just watch it rocket in the not too distant.

Pointless exercise

About couple of years ago I started to run the truck on a 50/50 diesel/veg oil mix.

The veg oil was about 35p a litre and diesel about 90p

Noticed at Makro (trade) that veg oil was 97p litre last week and diesel £1.11

I wonder how much a horse costs to run?

Diesel is 121.9 (BP in Stockport).

Not so long ago, it was around 5p dearer than unleaded.

What's gong on?

Why aren't they (petrol & diesel) going up in tandem?

I read a ridiculous article (can't remember where), where an industry spokesman was quoted as saying the reason fuel is dear is because it is processed in plants built with 70's technology.

But hang on mate, that does NOT explain anything!

securespark, i agree, why is diesel 117ppl, while unleaded is 104ppl? its wrong. just because diesel is becoming more popular! :(

Sponsored Links
Back