Diesel has gone up again..........

Yeh, but we're only buying them as it's the green thang to do. Oh and that wonderful over-taxing that goes on over here.

you had better jump on a plane and go live in your ideal country before aviation fuel runs out. ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, it only exists in my mind.

Mind you, Spain comes close. A country where you take responsibility for your own actions and there's not alway someone else to blame, where they agree to take funds from the EC on condition of imposing some draconian legislation, then ignore it, where the sun shines 300 days of the year, where you're really unlucky if the Gaurdia pull you for not wearing a bash hat, where boundary disputes are often settled with the chuck of a stone, where they let the public wander around in the middle of a construction site, under tons of concrete being poured, where bordellos are easily found and the rates entirely reasonable...

The only thing wrong with it is the hordes of English who have already moved out there. :LOL: ;)

Unfortunately, it only exists in my mind.

Mind you, Spain comes close. A country where you take responsibility for your own actions and there's not alway someone else to blame, where they agree to take funds from the EC on condition of imposing some draconian legislation, then ignore it, where the sun shines 300 days of the year, where you're really unlucky if the Gaurdia pull you for not wearing a bash hat, where boundary disputes are often settled with the chuck of a stone, where they let the public wander around in the middle of a construction site, under tons of concrete being poured, where bordellos are easily found and the rates entirely reasonable...

The only thing wrong with it is the hordes of English who have already moved out there. :LOL: ;)

..........where there are no seasons. :(

Sponsored Links
Just been shopping in Tescos today and spent more than £50 which is nothing these days for out family.

Oh look, I got a voucher for 5pence OFF fuel diesel or petrol

How come they can afford this.
Pump as is Diesel 119.9 less 5p 114.9 and i bet they still making a profit.

The voucher is a means of transfer of funds internally so the "profit" made in store by the sale of more goods off-lays the saving made to the motorist in their garage.
Actually little "profit" is made with fuel sales in their garages and therefore it is important to have maximum volume sales to make it a going concern hence the fuel promotions.

Stores like Tesco's use the bulk buying and selling principle to make their massive profits this is to purchase at as low a price as possible in bulk in order to pass on this to prices.

Where the morals come in is if you agree to the producer being sold short in order for you to save in the pocket or that the method forces other competitors not able to buy in such vast quantities to lose trade because they cannot match prices or convienience.

Its gone up again............................

Bread = £1.35
Flora = £1.25
veg oil = £1.09

RYAN AIR ONE WAY THIALAND = 1P

Lets GO.........

You want rain, snow, wind, cold???!

not especially. i do like a crisp clear frosty morning though.

i just don't want it hot ALL the time. i cannot concentrate when it is hot.

i love the Spring in the UK.

Ditto that...

Its gone up again............................

Bread = £1.35
Flora = £1.25
veg oil = £1.09

RYAN AIR ONE WAY THIALAND = 1P

Lets GO.........

:LOL:

You want rain, snow, wind, cold???!

not especially. i do like a crisp clear frosty morning though.

i just don't want it hot ALL the time. i cannot concentrate when it is hot.

i love the Spring in the UK.

I actually hate the heat in Spain, it's too bloody hot Also, Spanish wine and food is pretty awful. For a summer break give me Italy any day, but you cannot beat a crisp English Autumnal day, leaves turning, smell of woodsmoke curling from the Pub where you are about to have lunch after a brisk walk. Isn't it :?: Aren't they :?: Jumpers for goal posts anyone :LOL:

Bugger that: wall-to-wall sunshine, decent and healthy Mediterranean food, beautiful language, endless fantastic biking roads, no Softus or Joe-90 :) ...ah, bliss.

decent and healthy Mediterranean food,

Ha, Ha, you must have been to a different part of Spain to me. My Parents in law live in a completely Spanish village (no Brit enclave), they've HAD to learn Spanish, quite rightly so, but the food and wine is simply dreadful. And it's too bloody hot!

Yep, used to live in on the mountain, near Sayalonga, between Malaga and Nerja. No English-speaking villagers, fantastic food, you should try the Vino Terrano, wall-to-wall sunshine of the proper sizzle-youe-skin type.

Just hadn't banked on the then other-half suddenly finding a hitherto well-hidden liking for drinking from the furry cup, which put paid to that life :eek:

Yep, used to live in on the mountain, near Sayalonga, between Malaga and Nerja. No English-speaking villagers, fantastic food, you should try the Vino Terrano, wall-to-wall sunshine of the proper sizzle-youe-skin type.

Just hadn't banked on the then other-half suddenly finding a hitherto well-hidden liking for drinking from the furry cup, which put paid to that life :eek:

Yeah, know the area well, been to Competa, as Parents in Law live near lake vinuela / worked in Nerja. Each to their own I suppose, too hot for me, and don't like the food / wine much.

Competa's only about 4 miles or so away, you go through Sayalonga to get there. How can you not like the food?! You don't prefer the trappings of Torremolinos and all the English bars and English meals, surely????!

Sponsored Links
Back