Disabled Parking

They don't have this prob in europe, respect comes natural with commonsense . In Italy you can buy fags from machines on walls at night. Hostility to the disabled is wrong. However, with a nation of fiddlers and stroke pullers finding out the car with a 'sticker' is seen with someone walking is going to lead to resentment. I say it's the incompetent work of those at the benefit dept. Those who can't be bothered to do their jobs. Surely, any interview in the presence of a doctor and benefit bod is enough to confirm that one is disabled and whether it is poss to drive. This is confused tho with the carers or relatives factor. I get really ****ed at having to wait and waiting longer for the disabled. However, I have to remember at this point in time I'm not, any kind of disability is the worst. I think myself lucky.

Sponsored Links
Do you police the parent and child bays too?
And the Bus Stop lane, I find that's the most annoying because the bus just wait on the road instead and stopping the traffic flowing, I believe it's 3 penalty points on Bus Stop

Securespark - I hope you will be uploading your pics here ?

I've done that trick in the second picture.

A lot of 'nice-but-dim' types round here park their BMWs over two spaces, presumably because they don't want people's doors to damage their pride and joy (and because, being BMW drivers, they are superior beings, of course).

To make matters worse the car park was quite full, so I carefully slipped in to his right about an inch away from his offside doors. When I got back, someone else had done the same on the other side! Was he fuming!

I just laughed. (I confess I might have avoided tittering if he'd been bigger than me!)

Sponsored Links
I have no problem with providing disabled parking spaces and wouldn't park in one myself (unless I was disabled, which I'm not).... but I feel in some places there are a lot of them, and mainly empty.

Mind you some of the sights you see... like an overweight, not so old slob, trundling down the pavement in a mobility scooter, fag in one hand, can of stella in the other. I kid you not..... Classy!!

I have no problem with providing disabled parking spaces and wouldn't park in one myself (unless I was disabled, which I'm not).... but I feel in some places there are a lot of them, and mainly empty.

Mind you some of the sights you see... like an overweight, not so old slob, trundling down the pavement in a mobility scooter, fag in one hand, can of stella in the other. I kid you not..... Classy!!
That's because planners insist on a percentage of spaces. There's about 30 or 40 spaces at my local Asda, Tesco, and I reckon I've only ever seen about half a dozen being used (by disabled drivers that is) at any one time. I do sometimes wonder why planners don't seem to have noticed that fact. Maybe planners only shop at farm shops.

Do you police the parent and child bays too?
I did once.

Started trapping off to a bloke who was just putting his shopping in his car whilst i was carrying my youngest towards the store.

"Where's your kids then mate", i shouted whilst mumbling about my child being heavier than his few bags.
He then opened his read door wide enough to show me a pair of neat little well behaved young twins on the back seat! :oops:

My wife still reminds me about it to this day. What a weapon! :rolleyes:

why should people with children have special dispensation on parking , and get bigger parking spaces nearer the doors of shops .. have parents cars got bigger doors than those without children? . can they not walk distance anymore?

why should people with children have special dispensation on parking , and get bigger parking spaces nearer the doors of shops .. have parents cars got bigger doors than those without children? . can they not walk distance anymore?

I agree if it's just kids who can walk, but aren't these parking bays for women with babies in pushchairs?

Oh, and men with babies in pushchairs. (Phew, nearly got into trouble then!)

I hope when you grow up and have kids of your own, that you have energetic triplets.

Only then will you fully understand the need for wider bays and the mercy of being a few inches nearer to the sanctity of your car and have the room to actually acess the child seats.

Let me guess - you are one of these non-parents who believe that if you actually give a child an instruction they will actually follow it rather than do the opposite. "Come on Callum, Tyler, Chantelle, hop in and buckle up, do as yer told"

Bless. :rolleyes:

bit late for me to grow up now Noseall.

It is a shame that kids don't always do as they are told , but neither do adults .
i do understand the difficulties of having children , but why should parents expect special treatment for a choice that they made about having children . there never used to be special parking places for families and we all just got on with it , and mostly kids did what they were told because they actually respected their parents unlike most today , because dicipline has gone out of the window for fear of being accused of abusing said child. If it is that hard to go shopping with children , maybe better to leave children at home with a responsible adult .

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
A toddler, whilst being able to walk unaided is still young and naive enough to be blissfully unaware of danger in any shape or form.

This is the high risk age group that supermarkets are most wary of.

You can picture it now, mummy is trying to strap in one child whilst the other toddler playfully hides from mummy, then scarpers from this hiding place into the path of a car travelling down an isle.

It's as much about liability as convenience. Supermarkets thrive on mums and hear what they have to say.

Grumpy clueless blokes, who moan about having to walk an extra bit in the rain, on the other hand are low on the 'risk' agenda.

You obviously know very little about very young children who have recently discovered how to walk or run.

As a grandparent I wholeheartedly concur with noseall. Plus, consider the fact that allowing parents extra room to battle the kids in and out of the car also saves the side of your car from the almost inevitable dinges caused by said parents doing battle with the kids.

And energetic twin boys are equally a handful! :LOL:

bit late for me to grow up now Noseall.

It is a shame that kids don't always do as they are told , but neither do adults .
i do understand the difficulties of having children , but why should parents expect special treatment for a choice that they made about having children . there never used to be special parking places for families and we all just got on with it , and mostly kids did what they were told because they actually respected their parents unlike most today , because dicipline has gone out of the window for fear of being accused of abusing said child. If it is that hard to go shopping with children , maybe better to leave children at home with a responsible adult .

True. I was never badly behaved when I was a kid. ;)

I did once fall under a train, though. It was in the station and wasn't moving at the time, fortunately, and my dad and his mate climbed down and got me out.

Sponsored Links
Back