Driver awareness course ......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Done today ......it was quite good actually ! shakes you out of your complacency, 800,000 estimated injuries a year, 5,000 fatalities 600,000 casualties NHS figs.

A free compulsory course should be mandatory every five years, the government would probably save the money in NHS costs.

Crazy delusional woman scored herself as a 10 for been a good driver despite driving through a red light and having to attend the course.

The chap sat next to me and opposite had got done driving through the same lights as me !!

Sponsored Links
Did you know they were red?, was it a case of F£$£ it, cant be bothered to stop.

I think the figures you were told are way too high.
Of course ...

It doesn't know what it is talking about as always.

The 'pinball wizard' probably never had a licence in the first place ;)

Sponsored Links
I did one (my only ever DAC) in 2006.
Around 9000 were killed or injured in 2016 in alcohol-related RTC's.

https://www.gov.uk/government/stati...tain-provisional-estimates-april-to-june-2017

upload_2018-9-18_16-19-32.png

A free compulsory course should be mandatory every five years, the government would probably save the money in NHS costs.

Doesn't interest me however I do think we should have tougher driving tests or a probation period similar to that of learner conditions. How some people manage to get a pass and licence is astounding given some of what I see on the roads.

While the idea of a free awareness course sounds great we all know anything government imposed is really never free.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're not free.
I paid 120 quid for mine.

We had a driving assessment before and after the theory sessions. The evil driving assessor threatened me in my own car with "If I don't log any improvement in your attitude, you will get the points on your license AND have no refund of the course" I told her I wanted a different assessor and got out of the car.
She knew she had done wrong because she denied ever saying it.

I don't think that the threat of increasing punishments works when it comes down to peoples driving attitudes.

It's a bit like all the other crime that we suffer from.

Done today ......it was quite good actually ! shakes you out of your complacency, 800,000 estimated injuries a year, 5,000 fatalities 600,000 casualties NHS figs.

Crazy delusional woman scored herself as a 10 for been a good driver despite driving through a red light and having to attend the course.

The chap sat next to me and opposite had got done driving through the same lights as me !!

What about people having to take time off work to attend such a course and the cost to the tax payer for that ? Generally speaking bad drivers and good drivers alike learn from their mistakes. We have an obsession in this country for safety and we are one of the safest countries to drive in the world.

What about people having to take time off work to attend such a course and the cost to the tax payer for that ? Generally speaking bad drivers and good drivers alike learn from their mistakes. We have an obsession in this country for safety and we are one of the safest countries to drive in the world.
I told them I would lose money attending the course. Their response was "It's your fault for speeding"...

Bad drivers, imo, never learn. Do you think drunk drivers learn a lesson if they get stopped by the police? I know at least one who has driven drunk after being stopped, sent through the courts, disqual'd etc.. And they go back for more. Another got disqual'd and carried on regardless.

Sponsored Links
Back