Driving in Europe

Sponsored Links
Wait till Germany turns on them and see who they all come running to for help again. They’ll soon want to be our friends in Europe then…….:cautious::whistle:

Sponsored Links
After Brexit, your sentence now sums up The UK. When trade, etc has become more and more global, we've now got maximum friction trade with our nearest customers.
Sadly, yes. Few, (if any) of the promised opportunities with the "rest of the world" seem to have come to anything (probably because we already could trade with the rest of the world when we were in the EU)! People are either working harder just to stand still (like us) or have gone backwards somewhat. Good programme on Radio 4 this afternoon about it, in fact:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ykr2

Quitters dont care about that. None of it.

Nothing, absolutely nothing matters except being "free" of the EU, and no price whatsoever is too high to pay for that "freedom".

Sadly, yes. Few, (if any) of the promised opportunities with the "rest of the world" seem to have come to anything (probably because we already could trade with the rest of the world when we were in the EU)! People are either working harder just to stand still (like us) or have gone backwards somewhat. Good programme on Radio 4 this afternoon about it, in fact:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ykr2

Yes, a lot of the freedoms we are supposed to get, we already had with The EU. The more you look into Brexit, the more you realise it's a big con.

As for these 'new' trade deals, the Tories are just copy and pasting old ones we had when members of EU. Except the incompetents even fck that up. One example - they re-used an old trade deal we had with Ukraine, but forgot to remove the clause that we should be bound by EU regulations and standards. Both sides signed it, before the government realised their mistake. The most worrying thing about Brexit is that the idiots in charge are incompetent, inexperienced, untrustworthy and often unprepared.

Quitters dont care...

Many of us who cast our opinion as one of leaving the European Union did so on the back of informed research.

For me it was a difficult decision, but the idea of a removing ourselves from a political union just about outweighed the predictions on the short to medium economic impact. I've said on this forum a couple of years ago pre-Covid that I did a fairly lengthy internship with the European Commission, and during my time there it was very clear that those at the helm do not care about the nation state and the longer-term goal is a European super state.

So please don't tarnish us all as "quitters" -- it trivialises the whole thing.

I worked for a company that got European funding and it was the biggest con I’ve ever seen. One great big gravy train absolutely riddled with crooks.

Last edited:
I've said on this forum a couple of years ago pre-Covid that I did a fairly lengthy internship with the European Commission, and during my time there it was very clear that those at the helm do not care about the nation state and the longer-term goal is a European super state.
Which would not have been imposed by force.

So please don't tarnish us all as "quitters"
But you are.

You thought quitting and running away was better than being involved, truly involved, and helping to work to shape and set the direction of the EU.

I worked for a company that got European funding and it was the biggest con I’ve ever seen. One great big gravy train absolutely riddled with crooks.
I take it you have never bid for UK government funding?

Amazing what is available if you are the health secretaries landlord...

Could be worse, I suppose. You could have worked for a company that had donated money to the Tory party and just inexplicably landed a very lucrative PPE contract...

Could be worse, I suppose. You could have worked for a company that had donated money to the Tory party and just inexplicably landed a very lucrative PPE contract...
Better you mean surely? I was paid a bloody fortune for ESF work. :sneaky:

Sponsored Links
Back