Driving in Europe

If I were you, instead of gloating over a 5 year old marginal win, I'd start working to deliver some of the "Brexit dividends" you promised.
You are talking to a man who said this (with my highligting):

upload_2021-8-8_23-56-19.png

For him "Brexit dividends" consist entirely of being out of the EU.

For him no damage to the UK whatsoever, be it economic ruin, the collapse of society, the destruction of the UK itself, is too high a price to pay for being out.

He does not care about a single thing, or a single person, if they have to suffer in any way for him to be "out".

Sponsored Links
Indeed. The "fundamentalist" Brexiteer. You've about as much chance of getting them to see reason, as the Taliban. No price is too high (for someone else) to pay in order for them to have their Brexit. However, I suspect that 10 years from now, finding someone who will admit to having been a Brexiteer, will be like finding someone who will admit to having been in favour of the Iraq war at the time we went in...

C8DC01CB-783C-4401-B7B3-9D37ED9BC56A.jpeg

That’s all the majority voted for. It was one of only two choices we had. Get over and get on with it.

Funny though, isnt it, how many leavers these days are whinging about the thing they voted for.

Sponsored Links
Fishermen seem mightily aggrieved.

Closer to home Vinty isnt at all happy. Maybe you could explain to him that he has got exactly what he wanted when he voted for it and should stop moaning.

Nobody on here is.
Ah.... the goalposts just got a bit closer together...:rolleyes:

I wonder how long it will be before we get to the "Well, nobody on here, called Jessica, who was born on a Wednesday in February, is"....? :ROFLMAO:

Today's "Brexit dividend" for me, by the way:

Phoned up the Vehicle Certification Agency because the approval extension we've been desperate for, hasn't been processed yet. The "Tech cleared" our application on the 30th of June (yes, JUNE), and sent it to VCA Europe in Italy on the 9th of July, who did their pointless bit of checking and sent it to the Swedish approval authority on the 12th, and now we find that the Swedes haven't even STARTED looking at it yet because all bar one of them is on holiday...:rolleyes: It's likely to be mid-September before we see anything back. You can't run a business like that.

So it looks like we'e going to have to start converting our "Provisional" GB National Type Approvals to "full" GB National Type Approvals early. That way, we can at least get the "GB" side of the approval issued without any of the paperwork leaving the UK, which should speed things up when it comes to selling cars in our own country. Obviously (with us having "taken back control") these approvals will be "bog roll" anywhere other than Great Britain (not even acceptable in Northern Ireland) but at least, by doubling the amount of paperwork and changing the headings, we'll be able to pretend that we're working to British regulations instead of those damned foreign ones... Who knows? Maybe I'll design a tacky little Union Jack logo to go on the British-only compliance label? That should keep the "flagshaggers" happy.:rolleyes: Of course, we'll still have to wait for our EU approval to come through whenever the Swedes can trouble their arses to drag themselves out of their saunas, but hey, it's not like we need to bring export revenue into the country. This is a local country for local people...

So, the VCA did their bit in June and you’ve still not got it heat Well that’s the Europeans fault isn’t it, not ours?

So, the VCA did their bit in June and you’ve still not got it heat Well that’s the Europeans fault isn’t it, not ours?
Yes, anyone would think the Swedes didn't give the proverbial rat's ass about helping a UK manufacturer export into the EU. Who could have guessed?!:rolleyes: Looks like we didn't "hold all the cards", doesn't it?

Never saw that one coming, eh...?:rolleyes:

Umm - lets see.

Was it

a) The Europeans who ejected us from the single market

or

b) Our decision to leave it

?

Sponsored Links
Back