• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
You missed out the important bit.

Do you buy possible stolen items.

So the answer is no.

i only buy used for spares and pay no more than £15- 20 including postage
example
bosch blue 24v jigsaw £18 bosch blue 24v hammer drill £15 and because they have common components you can often fix 2 for 1 doner

Had a client buy an extractor fan as new! When it arrived the cable had a junction box on it when we opened it up the two wires had been mixed up!
I refused to touch it! I new we would fit, it wouldnt work then wed have to fit another one. I will now only fit stuff that has come from a reputable source! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You missed out the important bit.
Do you buy possible stolen items.
So the answer is no.

I don't think you can generalize quite that much alarm...I have bought and sold loads of items on ebay over the years, I may often sell a new item that I have purchased but decided not to use, or decided I didn't like.
I must say in all the years that I have been on there, and it must be quite a few now I really have encountered very few problems.

Bought my car off fleabay. £261 for a car with 9 months MOT and a months tax. Last car I had needed a cambelt. Vauxhall wanted remortgage prices for the cambelt and a local garage wanted £95 +vat for the part. Bought a full cambelt kit off fleabay (brand new) for £35 including delivery. (was exactly the same OEM one the local garage wanted £95 for)

Yeah lets buy lots off ebay , ,yeah yeah.

TBH I only buy off ebay if warranty is not an issue...won't buy electrical

I once bought a reconditioned electric rear window gear off Ebay for our Freelander after ours failed. It came as promised, fitted it and after a week it broke. I contacted the seller and as he had no other reconditioned units available, he ordered me a brand new one, direct from Land Rover!! Got a brand new bit of kit for half the price!! His one failed whilst we were half way to Wales on the A55 in pouring rain and with the rear window fully open - at the time I thought i'd been conned - but can't fault that guys service with the way he sorted it out for us.

Isn't the buyer/seller feedback on ebay supposed to help you decide whether to buy or not? I don't use Ebay that much, but i'd buy second hand stuff off people if they had very good feedback scores from lots of people who'd bought off them.

been using ebay for new and used goods for 10 years never had a problem, somethngs i would not buy, but for my hobby items, ebay is the place for me, especially for high end pro equipment that is not normaly available or is far to expensive to purchase new.

Bought my car off fleabay. £261 for a car with 9 months MOT and a months tax. Last car I had needed a cambelt. Vauxhall wanted remortgage prices for the cambelt and a local garage wanted £95 +vat for the part. Bought a full cambelt kit off fleabay (brand new) for £35 including delivery. (was exactly the same OEM one the local garage wanted £95 for)

ebay is the place for car parts, always beats any price a local motor factors can supply the part for, plus my local garage has no problems fitting my own sourced parts n- never have had any problems, infact i was watching a program the other night and it appears insurance companys will often use used parts for fixing damaged cars.

Have to agree Lee. I phoned the garage after I had bought the cambelt kit and they said even they couldn't buy them at that price. (probably where they do buy them though, then mark the price up. Wouldn't mind, but at £75 + per hour labour charge, they make enough anyway)

Brought and sold second hand items for years now with very little problem , from tools , cameras to a van.
Of course it's not all called second hand, sometimes it's listed as vintage and I recently sold some of my father's old pipes for which the commonly used phrase is "pre smoked" :D

I paid for a baby's cot with delivery at £168 and was not happy with the finish, spoke to him and he refunded all but £14 for delivery, said it was a new supplier and wouldn't be using him again.

An irish man had me for twenty quid after doing him a favour. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Buy and sell all the time on Ebay never once had a problem with anything and the delivery speed of certain items often beats major retailers. Dont see the problem really.

Sponsored Links
Back