eBay scammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made his point. Roy changed the course of conversation.
Or picked up on a comment that didn't need to be made, unless it was to emphasise a point.

If he had made no comment about the language skills, or lack of, would the emphasis of the story be the same? No, it would just be about a scam with nothing to influence any opinion .

A scammer is a scammer, regardless of anything else

Sponsored Links
Sounds like old bloomer is charging to the defence of an eBay scammer purely because he's a foreigner. I can’t see his posts as he's on my ignore list but is he saying that it’s okay to be a scammer if you’re a foreigner or that if you’re a foreigner, you can’t be accused of scamming?

It's OK mate Roy (Jimbo) has seen the error of his ways and apologised.

Sponsored Links
Err yes.

If they understood his English and he understood their English then they could have told him that the thing he was selling wasn't complete.

Mottie would then have said do you want it or not. If no then he would return payment and the disabled child and his mother would have left empty handed.
But that's crap scamming and waste of their time.

If they understood his English and he understood their English then they could have told him that the thing he was selling wasn't complete.
He'd already paid and I would have told them and showed them that it was complete. I was expecting to demonstrate the thing working to whoever bought it but as they wouldn’t even get out of the car and the fact that they weren’t even going to be the one using it, I didn’t bother.

Err yes.

Mottie would then have said do you want it or not. If no then he would return payment and the disabled child and his mother would have left empty handed.
But that's crap scamming and waste of their time.
The people collecting it probably had no idea what it was or how it worked, just collecting on behalf of somebody else.

The rest of it is irrelevant. Language was put in only as an aid to your forming of an opinion.

See post number 52 for confirmation.

The people collecting it probably had no idea what it was or how it worked, just collecting on behalf of somebody else.

The rest of it is irrelevant. Language was put in only as an aid to your forming of an opinion.

See post number 52 for confirmation.

The lack of English was part of the scam. If you believe it was a scam.

Do you believe it was a scam?

The lack of English was part of the scam. If you believe it was a scam.

Do you believe it was a scam?
So you've formed your opinion, fair enough. Were you led to this opinion?

Scammers come in all shapes, sizes and colours you know.

Criminals are criminals, no need to differentiate. To me anyway.

So you've formed your opinion, fair enough. Were you led to this opinion?

Scammers come in all shapes, sizes and colours you know.

Criminals are criminals, no need to differentiate. To me anyway.

I trust Mottie was telling the truth.

Every country has its scammers all shapes and sizes speaking different languages.

Criminals are Criminals. We all have them.

Every country has its scammers all shapes and sizes speaking different languages.

Motties anecdotes are invariably concerning foreigners and what they're doing or done wrong.
It was either all a figment of his imagination, or not involving foreigners at all, or he was miffed because a disabled person and a female didn't fancy carrying a piece of industrial equipment so he had a moan and dressed it up to suit his phobia.

How does Mottie know the male was disabled if they didn't get out of the van?
How did they ask Mottie to help load it if they couldn't understand English?
How does Mottie know he was with his Mum if they couldn't speak English?

So the point about language was for what purpose ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back