English republic?

Should England be a republic?

• Yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think in this democracy our royal family should be voted in , make it fair for everyone to have a go if they wish.

Are they your Royal family? I thought that you didn't originate from the UK

I am not british/english/ukish corgi but whilst I live here I help pay for them so yes , they are our royal family.

Isnt it strange how people against the Monarchy are laid back and none agressive however people for them can be very argumentative, very defensive and sometimes insulting with a like it or lump it attitude?
Says it all really.

Sponsored Links
I've nothing against them personally although I see the institution as outdated.
If we did get rid of them or let them abdicate or whatever it wouldn't actually save us very much in the way of cash because we'd still maintain the trappings , ceromonies and buildings because it's those things that the tourists come to see anyway not the royal family itsself. France and Russia very famously and permantly removed their monarchies jet the palaces and splendor still attract the tourist money.

That ship the queen has could make a fair bit for charity in cruises.

Sponsored Links

The Royal Yacht Britania is a tourist attraction in Edinburgh.... She doesn't have a ship...

I would also ask you to prove that they don't pay their way... The Royal Family PLC are a superb tourist attraction and I am satisfied that they bring in more to the UK then they cost though it is almost impossible to calculate how much they do bring in...

By the way, Just because I pay UK tax it doesn't automatically mean that they are MY Royal Family but I am pleased that Britain keeps a monarchy.

The royals are german and greek ffs, NOT english. Sack em off I say and sell their (OUR!) royal assets off to help repay the national debt.

The Royal Yacht Britania is a tourist attraction in Edinburgh.... She doesn't have a ship...

I would also ask you to prove that they don't pay their way... The Royal Family PLC are a superb tourist attraction and I am satisfied that they bring in more to the UK then they cost though it is almost impossible to calculate how much they do bring in...

By the way, Just because I pay UK tax it doesn't automatically mean that they are MY Royal Family but I am pleased that Britain keeps a monarchy.

The security for their ''events'' is paid for by us for one. They cost us money in othe3r ways also , the BBC coverage of the wedding and their hiding the true cost to licence fee payers.
http://www.republic.org.uk/What we ...te__year=&date__date__month=&date__date__day=

To say that the Royals bring in money is not exactly true, they dont put money in mine or your pockets yet they take money from our taxes etc where it could be better spent else where.

Then there is the political debate where the Queens powers are nothing more than barbaric and criminal, her over throw of the high court ruling to letr the people of Diago Garcia in the Chagos islands have their homes back. How can a silly old woman know anything about the poor people she basically sentenced to death.

The royals are german and greek ffs, NOT english. Sack em off I say and sell their (OUR!) royal assets off to help repay the national debt.

But British assets with German management always do well for the UK... Rolls Royce, Bentley, British Monarchy... Besides do you really want to sell off National assets? When the money from those sales have gone then what shall we sell next?

But British assets with German management always do well for the UK... Rolls Royce, Bentley, British Monarchy... Besides do you really want to sell off National assets? When the money from those sales have gone then what shall we sell next?

We could pimp them out ,put them in a nfair ground on a pot shot stand, I'm sure there are lots of people who would like to take a shot or two at Philip. :LOL:

The security for their ''events'' is paid for by us for one. They cost us money in othe3r ways also , the BBC coverage of the wedding and their hiding the true cost to licence fee payers.
http://www.republic.org.uk/What we ...te__year=&date__date__month=&date__date__day=

To say that the Royals bring in money is not exactly true, they dont put money in mine or your pockets yet they take money from our taxes etc where it could be better spent else where.

Then there is the political debate where the Queens powers are nothing more than barbaric and criminal, her over throw of the high court ruling to letr the people of Diago Garcia in the Chagos islands have their homes back. How can a silly old woman know anything about the poor people she basically sentenced to death.

your friends in new labour were behind that I reckon.
I'd guess if the Chagos people had been let home then milions in compensation would have been claimed which bliar and brown didn't have as they were already bust squandering billions in illegal wars, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
The americans are not free of guilt either.

But its just easier to lay the blame at the Queens door just because the government used the Royal perogative eh?

And how exactly are these people being sentenced to death by not being allowed to return to their homes?

Thatbloke, I fail to understand of what concern the internal affairs of a country are to a foreigner such as you or for that matter me... Paying income tax does not automatically give us the right to dictate what the tax is spent on... I object to my tax money being spent on bailing out bankrupt EU countries but I understand that the British feel duty bound to help their incompetent neighbours, who still hold the British responsible for the fact that they can't even grow their own potatoes.

We borrow from China to give to other nations. God knows why - can't Cameron see the country is bankrupt?

We borrow from China to give to other nations. God knows why - can't Cameron see the country is bankrupt?

Ha! That's simple... So that those other countries can afford to buy Chinese goods.

In fact it's because trade with these countries is worth more than the bailouts, if that trade stopped this country , its economy and the people who live here would take a hit. Even the English are not stupid enough to give money away for no reason , although some of you are stupid enough to believe that you do, obviousley.

Sponsored Links
Back