EU divorce bill agreed

No-one voted for the deal that TM was allegedly discussing, especially not NI who voted to remain.
So, in a way, what TM was discussing was a compromise for NI, except the DUP scuppered an acceptable (to the majority of NI) deal.

What is it that you dont understand?

The UK had a referendum, it voted out end of

There was no NI voted to remain, there were no regional divisions in the referendum.

Sponsored Links
It's hardly irrelevant when you have Arlene Foster calling the shots.

In some ways Arlene Foster maybe calling the shots, but if the DUP withdraw their support of the coalition they then have a possibility of a labour government, which the DUP would hate and would mean they are shooting themselves in the foot as they couldnt be in coalition with them

And they would lose their bribe money as well (assuming its not been paid out already).

Only of any relevance, if it materially affected the result.

If the penalties for breaking the rules on funding is simply a fine then how can we call that a democratic process if one party doesn't work within the rules?

Sponsored Links
We are seeing this unfold in the US. Looks like the truth is returning to haunt one of the worlds' biggest liars.

overstated.

I dont see the fall of Trump anytime soon (unfortunately).

"Regulatory Alignment" is more creative ambiguity to sell what is in essence access to the single market and customs union.

Either we scrap Brexit as we will never get as good a deal as we have whilst we remain within the EU in terms of costs and benefits or we exit the EU completely and break the Union and deal with the disaster. Scotland, Wales and Norther Ireland can have their own referendums and hard borders.

overstated.

I dont see the fall of Trump anytime soon (unfortunately).

Trump is simply the logical progression of Republican policies, what the Republicans do not like about him is his uncouth behaviour but they agree with all his policies as they mirror their own stances. The GOP controls te House and the Senate so they will pass through as many hair brained policies as possible.

You've changed the question now. To your original question......

My original question still stands it covered two points - the Russian influence and election funding which this second question fleshes out.

Your conflating the issue of the process and the outcome. If the process is undermined irrespective of the outcome it should be redone.

My original question still stands it covered two points - the Russian influence and election funding which this second question fleshes out.

Your conflating the issue of the process and the outcome.

I disagree with "conflating", as it is relevant to this point.

If the process is undermined irrespective of the outcome it should be redone.

Really? Define "undermined".

"Russian influence"?
"Election funding"?
Misrepresenting a position, when campaigning?
Not answering a question, when campaigning?
"Over-enthusiastic" campaigning?

At what point is any process not undermined, in your opinion?

I disagree with "conflating", as it is relevant to this point.

Really? Define "undermined".

"Russian influence"?
"Election funding"?
Misrepresenting a position, when campaigning?
Not answering a question, when campaigning?
"Over-enthusiastic" campaigning?

At what point is any process not undermined, in your opinion?

Simple breaking the rules on funding and transparency which is clear and understandable.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...russian-social-media-influence-in-brexit-vote

If we keep it to illegality then its easier to comprehend and assess.

The investigations are ongoing and I await their outcome.

This week, further research into Twitter bots and the Brexit vote was published by the Oxford Internet Institute. It looked at 22.6 million tweets and cross-referred them with 2,752 accounts that the US Senate has identified as creations of the Russian Internet Research Agency.

Researcher Yin Yin Lu told Sky News that she had found 416 tweets from the Russian accounts from March to July 2016 (i.e. the months preceding the EU referendum).

She was careful to point out that “the number of these tweets is important to highlight. So there’s about
400 tweets here out of 22.6 million. That is a very infinitesimal fraction.
So the word ‘interference’ is perhaps a bit exaggerated”.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factc...w-about-alleged-russian-involvement-in-brexit

Your clutching at straws.

Far less so that you are.

Sponsored Links
Back