EU divorce bill agreed

"Hammond says the cost to the country of having a “less favourable” Brexit deal - ie, a no deal Brexit - would dwarf the cost of what the government is expecting to pay when it leaves (around £50bn, according to some reports.)"

So no Hard Brexit.

Sponsored Links
You were the one who was using the term "forecast"....

And, if your argument relies on semantics, you have no argument.

negotiated, any "forecast" would be little better than a guess.

You were the one confusing the meaning. I could guess the weather tomorrow by looking outside or I could use information and weather data and computing to make a weather forecast.

Down the rabbit hole we go.

You were the one confusing the meaning. I could guess the weather tomorrow by looking outside or I could use information and weather data and computing to make a weather forecast.

Down the rabbit hole we go.

Really...
Just how many angels can dance on a pinhead?............

Sponsored Links
It looks like you are confusing the difference between forecasting and predicting (which is guesswork).

In common language one might associate with a forum post, the distinction isnt that obvious.

All forecasts are predictions......

There was a similar discussion at the analyticbridge website, where several people make various distinctions but none of them seem to agree.

The closest one was, "Forecasting would be a subset of prediction. Any time you predict into the future it is a forecast. All forecasts are predictions, but not all predictions are forecasts, as when you would use regression to explain the relationship between two variables."

So as you say, "forecast" implies time series and future, while "prediction" does not.

Note that there is also a term "projection" which is distinct from forecast or prediction, in some disciplines

Sorry, Kankerot, but you need to read the bits you select to try and justify your argument, before you post them. At the end of the day, a forecast or a prediction are really just different words to achieve the same unknowable potential result that may, or may not occur.

Forecast – transitive verb.
  • 1a: to calculate or predict

Sorry, Kankerot, but you need to read the bits you select to try and justify your argument, before you post them. At the end of the day, a forecast or a prediction are really just different words to achieve the same unknowable potential result that may, or may not occur.

Forecast – transitive verb.
  • 1a: to calculate or predict

Dogg. I think terminology is not your strong point. I would leave it at that.

Well it looks like Davies is not in contempt of parliament as the Brexit committee votes along party lines - seems like there is no penalty to brazen lies if you are an MP.

Ooh childish and petty at best Kankerot; as well as pot calling the kettle black.

I see the typical Brexiteers needed to get into a discussion on semantics, rather than responding to these non-existent 57 Impact Assessments.
The ones that were in existence for about 12 months, that the PM had read the conclusions, that were supposed to be made available to Parliament, but now do not exist.

I see the typical Brexiteers needed to get into a discussion on semantics, rather than responding to these non-existent 57 Impact Assessments.
The ones that were in existence for about 12 months, that the PM had read the conclusions, that were supposed to be made available to Parliament, but now do not exist.

It was Kankerot that chose to make an issue of the difference between forecast and prediction, so dont start moving the argument to suit your agenda.

Sponsored Links
Back