EU divorce bill agreed

Sponsored Links
I see judy is still pretending to think a demand was made earlier.

But he knows that's not true, which is why he has always failed to find any evidence of a demand having been made (and therefore, any amount having been demanded)

Even the Torygraph link above admits that no particular figure has been demanded, even now. It just says "an agreement-in-principle has now been reached" that something will be paid. Is that progress?

What was it the Buffoon bravely said? "Whistle for it?" Shows what a Quitter's word is worth.

Ahh, would this be the amount that Johnnyboy claimed hadn't even been asked for ?
According to the Financial Times, although the UK will assume EU liabilities, the actual payment may only be half that, with Britain pushing for a figure of between €40-45bn (£35-40bn).
Meanwhile, the Daily Telegraph has reported the final bill will total between €45-55bn (£40-49bn), depending on how each side calculates the output from an agreed methodology.
Both publications said no final figure will be announced at this stage of Brexit negotiations, but reported agreement on the UK's share of EU commitments and liabilities.
Sky News understands there is no agreement but talks were held between both sides last week and will be "ongoing" during the rest of this week.

These are the LATEST news articles Blind Judith. If you struggle to understand them, get a grown up to help you.

https://news.sky.com/story/britain-to-assume-100bn-eu-brexit-liabilities-11148113

What was it the Buffoon bravely said? "Whistle for it?" Shows what a Quitter's word is worth.
First Brexit hurdle - horse falls badly at the first jump. You could not make it up. The quitters live in dream land.

Sponsored Links
Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

We haven't agreed to pay anything yet. I do find this serial negotiation a bit odd, it doesn't serve the EU, to have a great win and potentially lose it at the last hurdle. It really depends how the money is paid. Had we said, we are leaving the EU and transitioning out over the next 5 years, well guess what... we'd have paid Net £43bn. of course the EU will want us to pay in for a trade deal on top.

On a related note...
Can anyone explain why the FTSE 100 is up on the result? I thought it would go down as a result of currency value increases?

I see judy is still pretending to think a demand was made earlier.
Then the statements (from the EU no less) that no trade negotiations could begin until the "divorce bill" had been agreed were untrue? I do read and listen to the news. Apparently May had offered them 20bn and Tusk, Barnier, Juncker's etc said that would not be enough If they say that wasn't enough, then it follows that they must have had some figure in mind. You still maintain that no demand had been made, yet the EU are demanding that the "divorce bill" is agreed before any trade negotiations could begin.. Tell me Johnnyboy, which part of "demand" are you actually struggling with? They certainly "demanded" that something is sorted out before further negotiations continue. Tell me what is this non existent "demand" then?

I don't understand the euphoria.

1) In the Brexit referendum Gove et al said there would be no bill to pay.
2) I thought that NO DEAL was better than a BAD DEAL. So this must be a GOOD DEAL?
3) We are paying all our pledged commitments so where is the £350m per week coming from?
4) The Divorce Bill is the easy part, its the trade deal that will be difficult.

There are two issues apart from the divorce settlement.

1)If we want single market access then that means we will have to accept the four freedoms of movement of people, good, service and capital - so NO IMMIGRATION CONTROL.
2) If we want to be part of the customs union then we cannot cut separate trade deals.

Lets say we leave the Single Market and Customs union - then we will have to trade on WTO which will be tariffs and quotas causing price shocks for importers and exporters - not good for business.
If we stay in the Single Market and leave the Customs Union then we will have to have new regulations to prove that origin of goods.
If we leave the Single Market but stay in the Customs Union then we will not be able to cut our own trade deals.
I forgot - all of this still doesnt not resolve the issue of the Irish Border.

Then the statements (from the EU no less) that no trade negotiations could begin until the "divorce bill" had been agreed were untrue? I do read and listen to the news. Apparently May had offered them 20bn and Tusk, Barnier, Juncker's etc said that would not be enough If they say that wasn't enough, then it follows that they must have had some figure in mind. You still maintain that no demand had been made, yet the EU are demanding that the "divorce bill" is agreed before any trade negotiations could begin.. Tell me Johnnyboy, which part of "demand" are you actually struggling with? They certainly "demanded" that something is sorted out before further negotiations continue. Tell me what is this non existent "demand" then?
Is judith stupid or just plain irritatingly stubborn trying to prove her point:
The EU is not asking for a figure at this stage. It wants a written commitment from the UK that it will honour what Brussels calls Britain's financial liabilities - paying the bar tab before walking out the door is how eurocrats like to describe the bill.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42154492
According to the Daily Telegraph and the Financial Times, agreement has now been reached between the two sets of negotiators on how the bill could be calculated.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42161346

I don't understand the euphoria.

1) In the Brexit referendum Gove et al said there would be no bill to pay.
2) I thought that NO DEAL was better than a BAD DEAL. So this must be a GOOD DEAL?
3) We are paying all our pledged commitments so where is the £350m per week coming from?
4) The Divorce Bill is the easy part, its the trade deal that will be difficult.
Sorry kankerot this money has nothing to do with any future deal, although some in UK think it is
Speaking in the Commons, Treasury minister Liz Truss declined to comment on what she described as media speculation and insisted any financial settlement was "contingent" on the UK getting the right overall outcome.

The UK, she added, would "meet its commitments and get a good deal for the UK taxpayer".
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42161346
And if and when an agreement on the Brexit bill is made, the EU will push back hard at UK government assertions that Brexit financial payments be tied to a future trade and transition deal.

Brussels insists this is money the UK owes - dating back to commitments made on annual and long-term budgets while an EU member.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42154492

poor old judy continues to pretend that a figure has been demanded. It hadn't been the first time, and it hasn't now.

So of course

Ahh, would this be the amount that Johnnyboy claimed hadn't even been asked for ?

because it's true.

You're just continuing to spout nonsense.

afai recall no one in the referendum mentioned a divorce bill ? either side ?

has all pretty much been agreed payment could or will be spread over a period time .

Radio 4 mentioned 30 years this afternoon ????

Sponsored Links
Back