European Commission of Human Rights

Turkey and Russia, despite being signatories to the ECHR, treat their judgements as advisory. Exactly the same place that UK aspires to.
All other European nations that are signatories to the ECHR (and it is a requirement to be signatory to be in the EU) accept the judgements of the ECHR as absolute.

Sponsored Links
I suspect the Brexit Agreement locks UK into the ECHR.
Is that the same brexit deal that includes the N.I. protocol?

The protocol that the UK government has threatened to unilaterally tear up?

Tories and right wing brexiteer loonies don't believe in such niceties as international law, so 'locked in' means nothing to them!

Turkey and Russia, despite being signatories to the ECHR, treat their judgements as advisory. Exactly the same place that UK aspires to.
All other European nations that are signatories to the ECHR (and it is a requirement to be signatory to be in the EU) accept the judgements of the ECHR as absolute.

Nonsense.

Sponsored Links
Never heard a winner say that. I bet if you got the government you wanted under FPTP you wouldn’t complain!
I would.

FPTP creates a 2 party system, it leads to a weak, backward political system and 2 cr@p parties

the UK is way behind the politics of the more progressive politics of coalitions under forms of PR

the UK is way behind the politics of the more progressive politics of coalitions under forms of PR
Progressive politics you say? Like Greece you mean? How's it working out there under PR?

Last edited:
Rusia is no longer a party - ECHR claims will no longer be considered after 22-Sep-22

Sponsored Links
Back