Foodbanks .... I got well and truly educated..... drop something in the supermarket contributions

So if there's no actual facts that are clear and definitive, why do you say as a fact that Germany has more food banks than us?

Just sayin' :) :)

The problem is whataboutery.

Foodbank use in one country does not have to have the same reason as in another country.

The EU can be blamed for anything and everything, it's a mental disease.

Sponsored Links
Has Germanys food bank. Network increased due to. The million plus refugees they took in?

Pre 2015 there was over 900 food banks in Germany, up from just 1 in 1993. In 2014, 1.5 million people a week used food banks in Germany.

Sponsored Links
Germany have more than us
Really. Lol.

I guess they are more generous than us. They are always quick to suggest bailing out those EU countries in financial trouble too. You have to hand it to those generous Germans.(y)

Last edited:
No, it started in USA, France had them before us, though co operatives have been around for decades before food banks, but these you pay for.
Although if you further back, the first soup kitchens (essentially the same thing - feeding the poor) were started in the UK.

The British government at the time acted as many British governments do where the poor are concerned...

They made them illegal...

The theory was, better to let them starve than have them claim relief and not work...

Funny how the attitude of the ruling class has barely changed in 200 years!

Although if you further back, the first soup kitchens (essentially the same thing - feeding the poor) were started in the UK.

The British government at the time acted as many British governments do where the poor are concerned...

They made them illegal...

The theory was, better to let them starve than have them claim relief and not work...

Funny how the attitude of the ruling class has barely changed in 200 years!

Partial truisms there.

Happy new year.

Sincerely hope you and your family don't fall on hard times, or suffer a sudden illness.

Thank you. Me and my family come from harder times than what are considered "hard times" now; only we didn't think they were hard times at the time and we do not consider them hard times now looking back.

And who controls that?

Today we have heard on this forum how both the benefits system and the police have failed us. Isn't it time people started to put the blame on those in charge of these services?

A lot of sickness benefits go to the wrong people. Based on my experience (council estate born and bred) the majority of sick benefits claims are false and fraudulent. Do not think me a bad person - I want the genuinely sick to receive the best treatment possible - we are a wealthy and a civilised country and can afford it - but this does not happen because of the millions fraudulently claiming the billions that should pay for the genuinely, deserving sick. I've said this all before.

What a sweeping statement Andy.
Ironically you sound like the sort of person who could benefit most from the welfare system you despise.
Don't you know that paying for a private appointment with a psychiatrist costs a fortune these days.

Yes it is a sweeping statement but very true, and I've explained why, in detail, many times on here.

Sponsored Links
Back