Gas boilers

It will be classed as progress.

Like someone taking apart a brake caliper, starter motor, alternator etc...... rendered extinct by someone bolting a brand - new replacement on in its place, and lobbing the old part into the scrap bin..
When I started out as an apprentice motor mechanic in 1974, we repaired everything. Engines, gearboxes, axles, starters, dynamo's, alternators etc etc. Even used to fit new linings onto clutch plates and brake shoes.

Sponsored Links
But how many jobs will be lost?
Loads

What people don't realise with the push to electric vehicles is that once the engine, transmission and associated parts are literally taken out of the equation, there is very little left for all the car service and repair garages and parts suppliers.

Then massive amounts of minerals / earth metals will need to. Be mined out the ground in order to manufacture all these batteries

There is even talk of having to go deep sea mining from the oceans
Some boiler manus will go out of business in the UK

How are those who do not have off street parking or those who live in high rise flats supposed to charge up there lecy cars

Zero tolerance on any type of leak with hydrogen gas or there will be a few big bangs

Sponsored Links
The banning ICE cars by 2030 is a bit of a red herring. Most analysts expect electric cars to be the same price as petrol by 2023-2025. Then they start getting cheaper.

Some people will need stupidly long range vehicles and will pay extra for their petrol motor. Most don't and won't.

By 2030 petrol engines cars will be a niche product. Banning them in advance is nothing but virtue signalling to avoid doing anything meaningful now.

How are those who do not have off street parking or those who live in high rise flats supposed to charge up there lecy cars
I was talking to my mate about this only yesterday. He lives in a terraced house in London and he said even if he had a charging point from his house, it’s very rare he gets to be able to park outside his house!

What people don't realise with the push to electric vehicles is that once the engine, transmission and associated parts are literally taken out of the equation, there is very little left for all the car service and repair garages and parts suppliers.
I know what you mean. I used to be a telegraph repair man.:(

They will need to build a lot of electric motors so maybe the armature winding trade will pick up again.
Knowing my luck I will come back as another winder if I am reincarnated. :(

Then massive amounts of minerals / earth metals will need to. Be mined out the ground in order to manufacture all these batteries

There is even talk of having to go deep sea mining from the oceans
Some boiler manus will go out of business in the UK

This assumes they need a car. There will be cars on demand, and if you are lucky with added free vomit from the last user. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I was talking to my mate about this only yesterday. He lives in a terraced house in London and he said even if he had a charging point from his house, it’s very rare he gets to be able to park outside his house!
Workplaces..supermkts...out of town git big parking up areas..etc

As some bloke said..""It is insane to drive around alone with an empty sofa behind you and an empty armchair beside you"...The average journey is a few miles I think...Everyone wants a git big SUV...utter sheer bloody madness.

The oil companies (rebadging themselves as energy companies) are investing heavily in various techs for turning filling stations into Hydrogen stations, or fast-charging stations, or battery-swap stations, or whatever it takes. Already there are a few charging outlets in supermarkets so you can charge your car while you push your trolley round Tesco.

In ten years time, transport tech need not be what people envisage today.

Sponsored Links
Back