Gobby dog

All dogs can bite, the severity of the bite can be different between breed.

My GSD bit only last weekend, albiet it bit another dog, it did however leave some deep looking cuts on the other dog such that it needed veterinary treatment (which I Have paid for). This was because it was my adult son walking the dog who refused to use the gentle leader that both me and the wife use to control him and some big guy decided to walk his little dog directly beside my GSD in a confined space (a narrow alleyway) rather than stop and ask if it's safe to do so as most others would do. It would never have happened had me or the wife been walking the GSD and now is less likely to happen as my lad now "has" to use a muzzle when walking the dog.

I have been bitten by a dog before, such that I needed a trip to the local emergency treatment centre and a couple of stitches.
I don't blame the dog that did it, I do however blamer the woman that let it off lead to come over and bother my dogs.

Sh it happens, dog bite happen, no matter what the breed, size or previous temperament.

Sponsored Links
I judge animals and people, as individuals, each are different, with their own individual issues. Some bite some don't. Some people need muzzles.
We don't allow people to walk around with weapons, concealed or not. Why should we allow dogs freedom to use their weapons, in public, at short notice, especially when it's so easily preventable?

We don't allow people to walk around with weapons, concealed or not. Why should we allow dogs freedom to use their weapons, in public, at short notice, especially when it's so easily preventable?

The same could be said of some humans.

Sponsored Links

The same could be said of some humans.
You what!
What sort of reply is that! Pointless to carry on with this so hope you and your dog have a happy life together.

(Im out)

You what!
What sort of reply is that! Pointless to carry on with this so hope you and your dog have a happy life together.

(Im out)

Humans can be much more of an issue that dogs - by your reasoning, all humans should be muzzled too.

One of the funniest things I ever saw. 2 hairy biker types carrying a tree branch between them over their shoulders, hanging from the middle of the branch was a pitbull. That dog had obviously bit the branch & there was no way it was letting go.

Irrational/illogical yes. Why have fear of something which will not hurt you?

We do all have irrational fears, even me - if that is any consolation.
I'm not being funny but what part of this are you not getting?

I don't like cats as I previously stated. Rightly or wrongly in other peoples eyes, I don't trust them. I don't like the fact they do things like scratch, something owners seem to find endearing and funny. I wouldn't go as far as to say I fear them, however I'd always choose not to have them near me.

As far as I'm concerned, cats have the potential to hurt me. This can also be said of dogs. So if people have a fear of these (and other) animals, it's not irrational to them.

Today I took the dog with me in the car, as I sometimes do, when I went to do a big shop from the supermarket. Left in the car in warm weather, I always leave the windows part open, for the dog and lock it, before heading of for a trolley. Whilst doing which, I happened to glance back at my car - there were two Romanian types lurking near and looking dodgy, so I stopped and watched. Next thing I knew one was reaching in through the window and the dog barking furiously at which they ran off.

So you leave a dog in a car when its in the mid to high 20`s outside and wonder why people go up and check on the dog . your lucky you were not reported to the police and got your car windows smashed out

Left in the car in warm weather,
Left in the car while you did a big shop? Sorry Harry but no. Absolutely not under any circumstances.

On another related matter, our Cocker is very wary around small children - I think this stems from when she was young, we had a friend round who had a toddler and she kept chasing it and cornering her. The friend stopped her each time but the dog never forgot it. Whenever we are out, if a small child approaches us, she'll go behind us to keep away from it. We'd never leave her alone with our grandson in case he cornered her which he has done when he was younger and we have been in the room. When that happened she 'air snaps' as a warning. It’s never got past that stage but I would imagine if it did, she has the potential to give a warning nip. It makes me go cold when you see people with dogs that let their toddlers play all over it, pull its ears, pull its tail etc.

Last edited:
Left in the car while you did a big shop? Sorry Harry but no. Absolutely not under any circumstances.

and why not? She curls up in the footwell and sleeps, until I get back - which probably why she wasn't spotted. The 'big shop', as in multiple heavy bulk items, quick to buy but too heavy to carry. I tend to bulk buy a limited range of things, enough of the things which will keep, to last a month or two, then just pop in walking, or on the bus for the fresh items every few days.

Far from becoming aggressive when teased, she loves being teased and teasing too.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back