Ham sandwiches...

Sponsored Links
This country is cr*p at forward planning, then foreigners often get the blame. Lack of British dentists for years, decreasing number willing to do NHS work etc, so the UK entices dentists to come from abroad. Then folk moan 'can't even see a British dentist, they're all foreign!' Decreasing number of GPs, many taking early retirement, not enough British people enticed by that route into medical care. So the UK entices GPs to come from abroad. Then folk moan 'can't even see a British GP, they're all foreign!' The crisis in these sectors has been known about for YEARS, very little gets done and then as usual it's '11th hour panic' mode ... throw £££ at people to come from abroad ... and then moan cause 'we have too many foreigners.'

Because this country is cr*p at forward planning and has a race to the bottom (pay wise) in a lot of sectors, we'd be lost without foreign labour. Oh, and good luck if you think British workers will be eager to pick up the slack e.g. by going to pick and sort veg for 12 hour shifts on minimum wage or clean toilets. Yeah, good luck with that.

p.s. for clarity, I have absolutely no issue with this country welcoming people from other countries to work and settle here.

Damn!! That’s really going to make a massive difference to everyone’s life. Can I change my vote now.

thats what I say lucky Ellal brought it to the forums attention:eek:

I will be complaining to my MP :LOL:

had some one told me about this ham sandwich caper I would never have voted brexit

what about a corned beef sandwich

Last edited:
Because this country is cr*p at forward planning

I think it's less lack of forward planning, and more a case of not wanting to invest.
Everything costs money, nothing lasts forever, so logically a government should spend to avoid the problem in the first place.
But they don't, and haven't done for decades.

Sponsored Links
I think it's less lack of forward planning, and more a case of not wanting to invest.
Everything costs money, nothing lasts forever, so logically a government should spend to avoid the problem in the first place.
But they don't, and haven't done for decades.

Add to that politicians who disapprove of public services and public spending.

diy for fun could you show us the posts moaning about the amount of non indigenous dentists & doctors please.
Not saying it’s been made up but it’s news to me.
Maybe you notice these things more than me.

diy for fun could you show us the posts moaning about the amount of non indigenous dentists & doctors please.
Not saying it’s been made up but it’s news to me.
Maybe you notice these things more than me.
Not forum posts, anecdotally.

It's the same here.

My dentist is German.

Bloody foreigners.

There are too many foreigners here. Most of them are British.

Sane here, my doctor is not French. Eastern European I think. He speaks better English than I do French.

Sponsored Links
Back